Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client based in Sheffield is now moving into yet another exciting phase of large scale development with multiple discipline engineering construction projects. They are looking to recruit an experienced project manager with business development skills to co-ordinate multiple large-scale projects and being involved from tender stage to sign off. You will also be involved in business development liaising with potential new customers, being an ambassador for our client and representing them attending conferences and forums etc. This role will include liaising with customers, project partners, grant bodies, suppliers and sub-contractors managing projects to tight deadlines and budgets. The length and value of projects will vary but will typically be 12 months + and in excess of £1m.
This role will involve travel within the UK and overseas as required.
Any necessary training will be provided to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be performing the following duties:
• Business development, sourcing new customers, attending conferences and business forums
• Being involved writing tenders and bid proposals
• Managing projects to tight timelines and budgets, coordinating sub-contractors and suppliers
• Overseeing installation, commissioning and testing of their products
• Interacting with customers and grant bodies
• Technical and project reporting to funding bodies and consortiums
• Ensuring site safety is being adhered to at all times
This role will not be limited to the above duties and you may at any time be asked to assist with other tasks according to the business needs.
The successful candidate will be driven, pragmatic, have excellent business development experience and be able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary.
Experience and background
• Degree qualified Engineer (preferably Mechanical, Electrical) with strong core project skills
• Excellent track record in business development
• Ability to solve problems
• Time management and organisational skills
• Ability to use Microsoft Project or similar
• Good report writing skills
• Have experience in a customer facing role
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Must hold a full clean UK driving license
• No travel restrictions is essential
It would be highly advantageous if you have the following:
Competitive salary and benefits to include:
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats.