Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for a degree qualified Chemical/Mechanical engineer to join their team based in Sheffield as a Process Engineer. For this role, you will be working within the process engineering team to assist technology managers to design, build and commission their systems. You will also be required to support company safety, quality and regulatory approval functions. You will be reporting directly to the Lead Process Engineer
The successful candidate will be driven, pragmatic and able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary.
What will you be doing?
• You will be responsible for the design of process plant that meets customer specifications taking into consideration technical and economic feasibility. All within very tight time constraints
• Developing process design documents such as PFD’s, Process Calculations and P+ID’s
• Responsible for the correct specification of process plant equipment and identifying reliable suppliers. Generation of process plant bill of materials including equipment, valve and instrument lists
• Assisting the process design safety studies such as HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA and Action response reports
• Developing company technical literature including writing operational and maintenance manuals, acceptance testing procedures and risk assessments, maintenance procedures and risk assessments and compiling supplier information for technical files.
• Develop plant compliance documentation such as flammable gas safety reports, pressure safety cases, general and specific risk assessments and specialist compliance reports.
• Assisting group technology transfer with such tasks as commissioning test procedures, mechanical design reviews and control design reviews.
• Develop plant operation and control philosophies including process descriptions, control logic drawings, shutdown strategy, alarm lists and loop check sheets.
• Develop company technology by designing internal test apparatus and writing test apparatus operating procedures and risk assessments.
What are we looking for?
• Degree qualified Engineer (preferably Chemical or Mechanical)
• Chemical Engineering experience is desirable
• Evidence of study projects in appropriate areas
• Organisational and reporting skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of compressed gases, pressure systems and Pressure Equipment Directives as well as other relevant legislation applicable to the UK, Europe and the USA
• Knowledge of ATEX Directive and other legislation related to explosive atmospheres
• Familiarity with process control via PLC systems
• Familiarity with Safety Integrated Systems and SIL calculations
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats. and many other benefits