Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our very busy client based in Sheffield is now looking for an Instrumentation Engineer to join their team. The Instrumentation Engineer will be a degree qualified Engineer either holding or be actively working towards Chartered status and will report directly to the Lead EC&I Engineer.
The role will involve:
- Creating and reviewing technical documentation as required (e.g. data sheets, specifications, supplier documentation requirements…) for instrumentation such as sensors, transmitters, indicators, gauges, transducers and detectors for various measurement applications.
- Being responsible and accountable for the correct specification of instrumentation including calibration and certification requirements. Ensure that company requirements are specified and met without creating requirements around a specific OEM instrument.
- Setting up, developing and maintaining an instrumentation database.
- Ensuring the correct information is uploaded to and maintained within Factory Master.
- Working with the process and mechanical teams to ensure fitness for purpose of the instrumentation with regard to process criteria and mechanical interfaces.
- Working with the procurement department in identifying and managing suppliers as appropriate.
- Participating in design review, HAZOP and LOPA.
- Becoming within 12 months of appointment, the company technical authority and point of contact for instrumentation
The Instrumentation Engineer will have the following or be willing to learn:
- Knowledge of the ATEX Directives and other legislation related to explosive atmospheres.
- Knowledge of explosive atmosphere and IP ratings.
- Experience of hazardous area ratings and installations.
- Knowledge of controls systems, data interfaces and communications protocols.
- Familiarity with process control through PLC and DCS systems.
- Familiarity with Safety Integrated Systems and Safety Integrity Levels.
- Knowledge of the hydrogen production industry.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
- 25 days holiday plus stats. and many other benefits