Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client is looking to recruit an In-House Group Solicitor/Legal Counsel to join their team based in Sheffield.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified solicitor with commercial law experience looking to move out of high street practice to an in-house role.
You will be providing legal services to our client’s group of companies which includes, procurement and all property related work
Main duties and responsibilities
- Acting for the group companies on the acquisition and disposal of properties including granting and taking leases, dealing with landlords and tenants.
- Dealing with other property related work including: handling work arising out of the group’s property portfolio including licences, wayleaves and miscellaneous agreements and notices, liaising with the accounts team and, if necessary, chasing overdue rents, liaising with external valuers and documenting rent reviews as landlord and or tenant.
- Advising and negotiating on the renewal of existing franchise agreements and on new franchise agreements to assess their suitability for the group.
- Advising on commercial contracts procedures and documents.
- Providing general legal and business advice to the senior management and employees including monitoring traffic offences committed by employees driving company vehicles and assisting the Data Compliance Officer on GDPR issues.
- Attending senior and other management meetings, and keeping senior management advised of developments in the law which may affect the group.
- Provide general legal and business advice to the shareholders both in relation to the group and in relation to other matters.
- Instructing and supporting external legal and other advisers in connection with corporate, banking, litigation and other issues. Advising on the suitability of external legal and other advisers and monitoring their performance to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of projects.
- Supporting the Human Resources team where needed. This may include the hearing of initial disciplinary or appeal meetings on occasion.
- Contributing to new systems and initiatives.
- Attending meetings and negotiations with third parties in the course of the above.
- Liaising and closely working generally with the group external legal & professional advisors.
- Meeting standards and performance targets applicable to solicitors and set by the group.
- Be flexible in working arrangements and business hours when necessary.
- Hold a Law Degree and have a thorough working knowledge of current property practice.
- Considerable PQE
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively exercise influencing and negotiating skills.
- Hold a driving licence and own vehicle.