Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
Our client is one of the fastest growing IT Managed Service and Solutions companies in the North. They have an innovative perspective on how IT should be delivered with a dedication to raising standards within the IT Support sector.
The Proactive IT Operations Manager role, reporting to the Technical Director, will own and be accountable for the management and motivation of a team of 1st to 3rd line field and support desk engineers. The team maintain all of our client’s clients IT services, keeping them up and running smoothly, planning, building and developing as necessary. In depth analysis of operational activity and overall trends will enable the department to proactively deliver a top class support service, with a focus on constantly improving efficiencies contributing to the financial performance of the business.
By illuminating the entire IT ecosystem from device to application, the Proactive IT Operations Manager breaks down the silos between application and infrastructure management to empower IT to move at the speed of business.
• Responsible for overall team delivery and quality of work in line with agreed Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s) and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), appropriately delegating actions and overseeing the work of the team.
• To support the Technical Director in Change Management and Operational Readiness activities.
• Ensure a robust and scalable Incident Management process is established and managed in line with industry best practice.
• To act as the escalation point for high priority issues and manage the Major Incident.
• Drive awareness and understanding of the Managed Services team operations and services across the business, supporting pre-sales initiatives and offering consultative support to Field Sales.
• Maintain and develop strong relationships firm wide to achieve high client satisfaction and performance in line with published client Service Level Agreements and key objectives, whilst delivering cost-effective operations.
• To actively look for potential revenue streams and feedback to management ways in which to increase revenue and update processes, and instigate the same culture within their team.
• To manage the selection, on-boarding, performance, development and retention of all team through standard approaches.
• To produce weekly/monthly reports on individual and team performance and productivity levels in order to monitor and compare results against business objectives.
• Planning, prioritising and managing resources whilst providing direction to Managed Services Team.
• Development, documentation, implementation and maintenance of key processes, standards and metrics tracking.
• Drive and champion a culture of Continual Service Improvement across all functions ensuring IT services are appropriate for business demand.
Technical Background & Skill set:
Core Microsoft, Cisco, Veeam and VMWare competencies.
Ideally have knowledge of:
• Monitoring, Trend analysis, Automation & Scripting utilising RMM.
• Windows Server 2002-2012r2 (enterprise)
• VMWare ESXi/vSphere
• Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013
• Active Directory/ DNS/ DHCP/ TCP/IP
• Office 365
• Disaster Recovery
• Storage/ SAN
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, coupled with outstanding attention to detail
Managerial Background & Experience:
Ideally have experience of:
• System Management
• Project Management
• Stakeholder Management
• Documentation Management
• Telephony, Network & Infrastructure Management, Monitoring & Troubleshooting
• Support & Management
• Staff Training & Inductions
• Monthly Report Preparation
• Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
Martin Gowland's Job Enquiry Form