Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
Our client is a well established and well regarded company that has grown steadily over the last 16 years. We require a confident, experienced Junior File Engineer who will join a team of Translation Project Managers and support staff.
The Day to Day role includes…
– Pre processing of all file types for translation, localisation, artwork, etc. – determine the best use of technology to deliver the project.
– Provide support from quoting stage to final delivery to Project Manager, ensuring fast-turnaround and costing accuracy
– Deciding which CAT tools to use for each project requirement to reach the most time and cost efficient solution – mainly Trados work but we are happy to develop our outlook on this.
– Setting up files ready for translation process
– Understanding multimedia files and setting up ready for translation process
– Support during translation process on all files types – supporting Projects team to ensure the smoothest process flow
– Post processing files including CAT tool issues / finalising, formatting, ready for final use, etc.
– Performing a variety of quality assurance checks on a wide variety of file types to ensure correct functionality.
– All processes include team communication, file tracking and management, project completion
– Performing of engineering internal QAs, solving non-linguistic quality issues
– Managing technical processes in terms of quality and productivity
– Provide colleagues with feedback on localization issues for ongoing development
– Research and develop ways to automate processes
– Where a lack of resources exists between solutions and current needs, create workaround solutions and utilities to reduce manual effort and present suggestions / purchasing requirements to Directors
– Collaborate with internal teams to ensure standardized processes are implemented where possible
– 350,000 words
– InDesign Book format – 206 files, 1160 image files
– File types: idml, indd, indb, eps, tif, pdf, txt
– Pre processing, package creation, artworker liaison, post processing
– Being commercially astute is essential,
– A keen eye for detail and consistency is an absolute must (you can never be too picky when it come to quality and consistency),
– High levels of efficiency and working out strategies to increase efficiency and ultimately increase job margins without sacrificing quality or excellent customer service,
– Confidence to speak up and make suggestions.
You need to be/have:
– Self motivated, innovative, forward thinking (spotting opportunities and challenges),
– Naturally great communication skills; explaining a work concept, with your style, enthusiasm and knowledge
– Understanding and using communication with different people;, with other staff (clearly and concisely so that things will not be misinterpreted), the managing Directors in the firm; justifying yourself without being defensive,
– Willing to admit your own mistakes and learn from them,
– Exceedingly organised!
– Good time management of yourself and others,
– Comfortable in making decisions – knowing when to go it alone and when to get the backing of your Team Leader,
– Native-level Trados ability required,
– Other language highly preferable (possibly proof-reading and small elements of translation),
– Knowledge of the structure of language and translation / localisation; why we do what we do andthe best way to utilise foreign languages for the benefit of our clients.
Working with / understanding of all potential client file types, including:
– Knowing TRADOS like the back of your hand is essential! (Studio 2014)
– Adobe Creative Suite, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, Trados, Photoshop, PDF, etc
– Audio, Video
– CAT Tool ( sdlxliff )
– Corel Draw
– All Image Files
– MS Office: Excel, Trados, Word, Publisher. Etc
– Quark, Quark Xpress
– Script Specific
What do they are offering the successful candidate? It’s a two –way relationship!
– A great small company where you will be noticed and appreciated
– A friendly, enthusiastic work environment – soon to be moving to swanky new offices.
– A team which is passionate about high quality services and achieving THE BEST customer satisfaction rates
– A company to have a career, not just a job
– On-hand Directors who care about all aspects of the business equally
– Bonuses, team nights out, flexible and open communications. Your birthday off each year!
Martin Gowland's Job Enquiry Form