Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
Our client is a well established and well regarded company that has grown steadily over the last 15 years and has realised long term strategies, to attract national and international household-name clients. They require a confident, experienced Project Manager (focusing on Translation) to manage the increase in our workload. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who feels they are ready to play a big part in the future of a small, but growing business. You will report directly to 2 Directors and they will be expecting someone who can bring above average Project Management skills and excellent experience.
Day to Day role
– Managing the full translation process – from beginning to end (experience in this is crucial); quotations, finances, order taking, research, assigning and managing translators, proofreaders, art-workers and other experts, proofing, reviewing, checking, researching, delivery. Also customer service, costings, quality control,
– Managing multiple projects effectively, from small ‘minimum charge’ jobs to word counts in the hundreds of thousands – all at the same time,
– Following strict processes and recording in a detailed manner,
– Managing clients accounts who place daily orders with extremely quick turnarounds (often within hours)
– Talking to new and existing clients; explaining our services in a comprehensive manner
– Finance; managing budgets, project margins, etc.
– Must have a eye for detail and consistency is an absolute must (you can never be too picky when it come to quality and consistency),
– High levels of efficiency and working out strategies to increase efficiency and ultimately increase job margins without sacrificing quality or excellent customer service,
– Client handling; retention, customer satisfaction, ensuring customers’ needs are met even when they are unusual, whilst still sticking within our process guidelines,
– Confidence to speak up and make suggestions.
You need to be/have:
– Self motivated, innovative, forward thinking (spotting opportunities and challenges),
– Good communication skills; comfortable in bringing clients on board to the company, or explaining a work concept, with your style, enthusiasm and knowledge (phone, email and face to face),
– Understanding and using communication with different people; customers, with other staff (clearly and concisely so that things will not be misinterpreted), the managing partners in the firm; justifying yourself without being defensive,
– Willing to admit your own mistakes and learn from them,
– Exceedingly organised!
– Good time management of yourself and others,
– Comfortable in making decisions – knowing when to go it alone and when to get the backing of your Team Leader,
– Native-level English ability required,
– Other language highly preferable (possibly proof-reading and small elements of translation),
– Knowledge of the structure of language and translation / localisation; why we do what we do and the best way to utilise foreign languages for the benefit of our clients.
– Trados experience is advantageous but not essential,
– You need to be fully IT literate across all the usual plus any other good stuff you can bring,
– You need to be able to handle any file type / system that a client works with; artwork, coding, etc.