Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards to this permanent position
Our very busy client based in Doncaster is looking for Welfare Fitters to join their workshop welfare conversion department.
Job Role and Competencies
Reporting to the Workshop Manager, this role will cover all duties in the workshop welfare conversion department and any additional or different duties in any department which the Company may require from time to time.
Duties to include:-
- Preparation of vehicles for installation of welfare equipment.
- Working from drawings and using own initiative to carry out the conversion to the specifications required.
- Installation of windows, lining kits, floors, lockers, seats, toilets, heaters and all other associated equipment.
- Installation of internal vehicle racking where required and any other storage equipment customers may specify.
- Measuring, drilling and preparation of equipment for installation.
- General up keep of the workshop and premises to aid with the smooth running of the workshop and conversion of vehicles.
Competencies and skills:-
- Accuracy in all tasks and measurements. Installations should be to a high standard.
- Good eye for details
- Flexible as the work can be varied.
- Have own basic hand tools and also be able to look after and care for any company tooling and equipment used.
- Effective communication and positive relations with employees at all levels within the organization and external contacts including customers and suppliers.
- Be competent at working alone or as part of a team.
- Experience in a similar field is essential
- Confidentiality regarding all processes, data and information contained and discussed in the department.
- Be aware of all Company policies and Health and Safety procedures and practices
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 7.30am – 4.00pm