Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
To support the conversion of commercial vehicles into electric or hybrid electric vehicles. The Vehicle Technician will be working primarily at the Rotherham facility and will play a key role in the integration of electric and hybrid drive systems into a range of commercial vehicles including trucks, buses and off road vehicles.
The Vehicle Technician will be working closely with a team of mechanical and electrical design engineers and vehicle fitters.
• Checking the mechanical condition of existing vehicles prior to conversion.
• Removal of engines and associated cooling, exhaust systems.
• Removal inspection and re-fitting of transmission components.
• Installation and commissioning of electric vehicle drive system.
• Installation of commercial vehicle air-brake systems.
• Installation and modification of steering and hydraulic systems.
• Modifications to vehicle body work.
• Modifications to vehicle interior trim.
• Generating manufacturing and installation instructions and procedures.
• Working to all relevant internal and external standards.
• Working within engineering and quality processes.
• HGV or Bus experience
• Bench fitting skills
• Ability to read and interpret detail and assembly drawings
• Ability to work safely and ensure the safety of others.
• Ability to work effectively with other Engineers in a range of disciplines to produce a high quality reliable engineering solution.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Fabrication of brackets and enclosures.
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Must pride themselves on high quality work and attention to detail.
• £21k to £27k depending on experience
• Varied and interesting work
• Rapidly growing business in a high tech green environment