Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client in Sheffield is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to be part of the design team. The role will report directly to the Technology Manager and Mechanical Engineering function.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have significant experience of specification, selection and purchasing of fans and pumps
- Have experience of integrating rotating equipment into plant designs
- Have experience of supporting rotating equipment commissioning and operation
- Have significant experience of specification, selection and purchasing of manual, actuated and protection valves
- Have experience of integrating valves into plant designs
- Have experience of supporting valve commissioning and operation
- Experience of valve and equipment regulatory compliance requirements.
- Have significant experience in measuring and listing loads.
- Have strong knowledge of engineering systems and processes.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in Mechanical Engineering. Achieved or working towards C.Eng.
- Have knowledge of EN ISO 416-1:2013
- Have knowledge of PSS regulation
- Have good experience of designing and delivering rotating equipment packages
- Prepared to demonstrate hands on expertise (Written scheme of exam replacements, repairs)
- Working knowledge of product design and compliance with the machinery directive.
- Familiarity with the ATEX directives and hazardous area classifications.
- Familiarity with gas (hydrogen, oxygen) and hydro systems.
- Familiarity with a manufacturing environment including BOMs and MRP.
- Knowledge and experience of Swagelok.
- Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
- 25 days holiday plus stats.