Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for an Assembly/Test Technician to join the team. For the role which is based in Sheffield you will be required to work with other technicians to assemble high value products and components working to engineering drawings, and in addition, to carry out testing and calibration to ISO accredited quality assurance procedures. The role will report to the Production Manager. This multi-skilled role covers both mechanical, electrical and testing skills.
Duties & responsibilities
- Perform pressure test Including high pressure leak tests as required
- Hydraulic tests as required
- To record test results accurately, identifying faults and correct as required
- Take samples of water during testing at the appropriate frequency
- Use and work with logic flow diagrams, P & ID and any other information required
- Communicate when required with key stakeholders as well as any other department required
- Prioritise workloads dependent on project and business needs
- To train others in line with your competency as required
- To undertake any training and development to enable you to do your duties
- Visit sites when required – not expected to be frequent
- Building a good understanding of all test procedures and feedback any adjustments required with a particular focus on safety critical elements.
- The Test Technician will be working to agreed target and time scales ensuring any problems/issues encountered are sorted as quickly as possible and the tests are completed to an extremely high quality level with an expectation of zero error
- Use and record any calibrated data from tooling or instrumentation required throughout.
- Adhere to health & safety policies and procedures at all times
- To adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
Education & Training
- NVQ or HNC in Engineering or equivalent
- Mechanical and electrical understanding
- Basic electrical ty city and guilds
- Compressed gas safety passport beneficial
Knowledge & Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of pressurised systems and ISO Accredited systems
- Experience of completing test reports
- Experience of electrical work and using circuit diagrams an NVQ or HN NVQ or HNC in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience of electrical work and using circuit diagrams and electrical drawings
- A strong mechanical or assembly background
- Experience of fault-finding and troubleshooting
- H&S conscious