Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client is looking for a very experienced Technology Manager to head the technology team. From an Aerospace or Automotive research background, this position will be responsible for managing the technology tasks (R&D, Engineering, Mechanical, Process and Electrical Control and Instrumentation). Working closely with 5 heads of departments in a multidisciplinary environment, the candidate must be technically highly competent and possess the drive and the energy to lead a team of highly skilled individuals reporting directly to the Engineering & R&D director and implementing the roadmap set by the board technology committee. Ideally a fuel cell or R&D OEM development program manager, and with impeccable organisational skills. The candidate ought to be multidisciplinary –a polymath- also and possess 2-3 deep technical competencies from the departmental functions highlighted.
The successful candidate will manage and be responsible for early design verification programs and the efficient resource allocation to existing product teams (led by two technical leads under the product manager); ensuring harmonious and coherent development so seen in the client’s product lines. An innovator with multiple patents, the candidate can instil, nurture and manage innovation within the various teams. The role will include the scheduling and ultra pro-active tracking of engineering progress with the resources required. The successful candidate will drive engineering excellence, innovation and be professionally assertive as required.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have an OEM aerospace or automotive sector background,
- Have lead Fuel cell or Electrolyser development program, testing and delivering
- Have held a senior level position in amongst a high tech team
- Have a track record of delivering high tech
- Have extensive working knowledge of new product introduction, advanced manufacturing and lean environments, technology roadmap setting, cost setting and performance testing, design of engineering systems for efficient product data management and discrete engineering packages.
- Have a considerable track record of experience in a responsible engineering role both leading and working with high tech and multi-ethnic teams.
- Be educated to degree level – with a mechanical, chemical or electrical engineering degree or other appropriate major.
- Be a Chartered Engineer.
- Have significant knowledge of engineering compliance issues, qualification, verification and testing (FAT through to system level).
- Have experience of justifying and making critical engineering decisions.
- Have acted successfully as the authority to approve new product introduction solution at all levels.
- Be willing to travel as required.
- Fuel cell, electrolyser program manager
- Track record of delivering challenging R&D OEM programs,preferably gained in Aerospace or Automotive sector
- New product introduction /Design verification
- Planning multidisciplinary / high tech activities and delivering them on time
- High end CAD management and configurability (CREO, CATIA, NX)
- Mechanical Analysis, authoring and/or approving structural FEA reports
- Expert with 2-3 ( Electrochemistry, Control, PEM technology, Special purpose machines)
- Experience of working within a highly regulated industry
- Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
- 25 days holiday plus stats.