Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this contract position.
As our client is now moving into an exciting phase of large scale development with multiple discipline engineering construction projects, we are recruiting for two skilled temporary buyers to be part of their procurement function reporting directly to the Head of Procurement. The successful candidate will be liaising with the internal departments, such as design, quality, legal and finance. They will also provide a support network for the production schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake tender processes to ensure best prices
- Sourcing new suppliers
- Placing PO’s in line with company policy and procedure
- Expediting in line with production schedules
- Undertake due diligence of potential new suppliers
- Work on a combination of both direct and indirect spend categories
- Work alongside process team to source technical components for current and new suppliers
- Analyse spend and review supply base
- Working alongside SQE for supplier monitoring and development
- Working with legal to ensure correct T&C’s in place for various suppliers
- Placing orders through MRP system.
The successful candidate will be driven, pragmatic and able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ideally have experience of Direct and Indirect sourcing
- Experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to read/translate technical drawings
- Competent in tendering process
- Working closely with key stakeholders across all levels of the business.