Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
About the role
Due to our client’s increasing workload and portfolio of clients across the UK and Europe, our client is looking to recruit an experienced full-time employee within their operations department. Working in a varied role which will include the renovation, reconstruction and maintenance of sports pitches.
The role will be based from our client’s HQ near Sheffield, but will involve working on projects across the UK, Europe and other international destinations at internationally recognised stadia and sports facilities.
The ideal candidate will have the experience and skills necessary to be a key member of our operations team.
The candidate our client is looking for would ideally have:
- Experience of working in sports turf renovation/construction, and groundsmanship/greenkeeping and/or civil engineering
- Experience of operating plant equipment such as tractors, telehandlers, dumpers and excavators
- Experience of operating sports renovation equipment such as Koro field top makers, power harrows and sand spreaders would be a major advantage
- Experience of leading project teams and ideally overseeing multiple project teams
- A CSCS or equivalent card and related professional qualifications would be an advantage, however training will be given where required
- A full UK (or equivalent) driving licence and additional categories of licence will be seen as an advantage
What our client is looking for
- A flexible approach to work (you will be required to work on projects in various location around the UK and occasionally in Europe and during the months of March, April, May and June you will spend the majority of your time away from home)
- A team-focus with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative
- An excellent eye for detail and a determination to complete projects to the highest standard
- A good understanding of customer service and the ability to communicate with customers in a professional and helpful manner
- Focused on Health and Safety in the workplace
Why work for our client
They offer a competitive salary depending on skills and relevant experience, overtime pay, flexible benefits package and performance related bonuses
Our client can assist with relocation and accommodation where required
Our client is a great place to work within a great team
About our client
They are a specialist sports turf contractor who offer expertise to many sports clubs and
leading sporting organisations throughout the UK and Europe. Their client list includes many of the biggest names in professional sport and they have the experience and knowledge to ensure that their clients receive the best possible project results. Our client’s passion to create the perfect playing surface means that they aim to constantly surpass the ever-increasing expectations of groundsmen, players and spectators.
Our client has grown steadily to it’s current position as one of the UK and Europe’s leading sports turf contractors.
Alongside standard pitch reconstruction and renovation, they specialise in the renovation and construction of reinforced sports pitches and have an extensive range of modern machinery and equipment associated with the management of these pitches.
Their key personnel are highly experienced and all come from a grounds-management or green keeping background and as such they are well informed and able to understand the needs of modern sports turf managers.
They pride themselves on quality, efficiency, flexibility and customer service.
Salary negotiable dependent on relevant experience