Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards to this permanent position
Role and Responsibilities:
Working as part of the Operations team the Stores Supervisors role is to manage the day to day running of the Stores department, co-ordinating daily activities of the team to meet the department, production and business needs. Ensuring accurate stock records, good stock management and safe custody of all stock is achieved at all times. Be responsible for the coaching and developing of the Stores team, bringing fresh ideas and new processes to meet continuous improvement targets. Be accountable for carrying out regular stock / line checks and full monthly stock takes.
- Responsible for managing Stores team.
- Responsible for creating effective departmental processes and controls.
- Recognise and implement improvements through continuous monitoring.
- Issue daily working instructions to Stores team.
- Monitor and control cost for Stores department.
- Responsible for training, development and mentoring for Stores team.
- Manage H.R issues for team including holidays, sickness, behaviour and performance appraisals.
- Attend departmental and company meetings to represent the Stores department.
- Carry out stock movements in line with company process (receipts, issues and returns)
- Maintain accurate stock records.
- Carry out regular stock checks and counts.
- Manage and run full stock counts as required by the business.
- Recognise and report potential stocking issues (over and under stocking).
Skills / Qualifications / Attributes:
- Positive attitude with excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of stock handling processes with a proved track record of stock management and be able to demonstrate strong processes and controls.
- Excellent IT, computer and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and be able to handle pressure to meet targets and deadlines.
- Have good leadership skills establishing team effort to meet a common objective and recognise when development of individuals and the team is needed.