Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Role and responsibilities
Working as part of the stock team, your role as Stock Operative will be to control stock movement in and around the business. This includes (but not restricted to) goods in, storing and locating stock, picking stock, packing and dispatching goods, participating in regular stock counts and supplying goods to the workshop. Being accountable for your own standard of work you will make sure all processes and controls are followed, accurate stock records and good stock management is achieved at all touch points. Ensure our customers receive the best possible service from the stock team. Responsible for carrying out all tasks and duties in line with company policies and procedures and accountable for making sure all company standards in terms of type approval, health & safety and quality are met.
- Receive deliveries and book goods into stock.
- Pick items for workshop and online sales.
- Pack and dispatch items sold online.
- Carry out stock movements in line with company process (receipts, issues and returns).
- Maintain accurate stock records on the company’s customer database.
- Participate in regular stock checks and counts.
- Recognise and report potential stocking issues (over and under stocking).
- Complete all work within required timescales.
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Work closely with other departments to make sure customer expectations are met.
- Continuous improvement of company practices.
- Help in other areas of the business when needed.
- Maintain a high standard of Health & Safety compliance.
- Keep working area clean & tidy.
Skills / Qualifications
Positive attitude with excellent attention to detail.
Good knowledge and understanding of stock handling processes and controls.
Have a good level of IT & computer skills.
Must be flexible.
Can handle pressure and meet targets.
Have excellent communication skills.
Understand or have the enthusiasm to learn about the company’s products.
Can uphold and deliver a high level of customer service.
FLT license preferable.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30 then every third week Tuesday to Saturday 08:30 – 16:30