Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Business on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Hourly rate: to £13.50
Tips are shared equally amongst the team.
The minimum hours required are 40 per week, up to 48 per week. Current hours for the kitchen are Tuesday – Thursday 2pm – 9/9.30pm and Friday – Sunday 10am – 10pm/10.30pm closing times. * potentially subject to change in the future.
Our client is looking to add a Sous Chef to their thriving village restaurant within the Rotherham catchment area. The role involves working two full days between Friday and Sunday, with a further 3 shorter shifts between Monday and Thursday. Subject to change during the festive period but still expected to have one full day off between Friday and Sunday. Covers vary from 100-230 a day.
What you will need :
- Experience and proven performance in a Sous Chef position or Head Chef role (without wanting overall responsibility for management of the kitchen – the Head Chef is in-situ). Should an ambitious Chef de Partie be interested in taking the next step in their career please get in touch
- Passion for producing food to be proud of
- Motivational team-leader who can make sure both food and hygiene standards are of a consistently first-class standard
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with restaurant management
- Positive attitude and energy to drive the kitchen team when the head chef isn’t there
- Desire to develop and retain kitchen staff
- Experience in Italian food would be advantageous but is not essential