Our client is a Yorkshire based playground business, designing and installing very high quality natural play areas, into schools and nurseries, with a strong emphasis on landscape design.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Skilled Hard Landscaper to join their growing team. The role involves the installation of hard landscape projects including groundworks and installation of play equipment. The ideal candidate will be expected to prepare sites and install projects to a high standard, meeting the requirements outlined by the Site Manager. The role comprises of the following functions:
- Hard Landscape Works – ground works, retaining structures, woodwork and timber structures, paths and edging, paving slabs and cobbles, brick and block walls, fencing, artificial grass surfacing, water features, basic plumbing and drainage, stone features, installation of play equipment etc.
- Soft Landscape Works – involving the cultivation and preparation of ground for turfing, seeding or planting; planting of trees, shrubs and ground cover plants; undertaking turfing and seeding works etc.
- Ensuring that sites are maintained in a safe and secure condition at all times and that works are undertaken fully in compliance with current health and safety legislation.
- Promoting at all times the company’s professional image on site.
Due to the nature of the business, this role is physically demanding and will require the successful candidate to work outdoors, in all weather conditions, and to be available to work nationwide when required (some projects will involve staying away Monday-Friday due to the location).
A DBS check will also need to be undertaken for this role as you will be working in schools.
The person we are looking for should be:
- Experienced in Hard Landscaping
- Hardworking and flexible
- A keen eye for detail and understanding technical drawings
- Good and clear communications skills for both client and company
- Willing to travel
- Hold a valid CSCS card
- Hold a full UK driving licence
In return we will offer:
- Competitive Salary
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- An opportunity to learn about natural playground design from one of the countries leading companies in this field
Job Types: Full-time, Temp to perm
Salary: £12.50-£15.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Work Location: On the road