Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking to recruit a Shift Engineer to be based at their new Sheffield headquarters. Working a 12-hour shift pattern of 4 days or nights followed by 4 days off, the role will provide 24-hour technical support and monitoring of their growing network of worldwide Hydrogen electrolysis installations. This role lies within our client’s Aftersales function which looks after deployment, installation and commissioning of equipment worldwide. Due to the global nature of their operations additional language skills would be highly desirable.
- Monitoring of vehicle hydrogen dispensing systems at their Hydrogen Refuelling Stations and providing telephone support to customers during refuelling.
- 24-hour call handling of the technical helpline, customer liaison and problem resolution. Onward routing to 2nd level technical specialists and engineers as needed.
- 24-hour monitoring of WIN-CC and 3rd party SCADA systems for hydrogen production, storage, compression and dispensing.
- 24-hour first line technical support to operators and engineers on customer sites.
- First line technical support to our client and third-party teams commissioning and installing their products worldwide, interfacing with their technical specialists and design department as needed.
- Real time fault diagnosis based upon SCADA analysis, interrogation of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), interpretation of Logic Flow Diagrams (LFD) and electrical schematics.
- Coordination of emergency responses on hydrogen generation and hydrogen refuelling sites, dealing with clients, service providers and emergency services as needed.
- On request trend analysis as requested by the client and customer engineers using their SCADA system.
- Direct runtime monitoring to their equipment on Factory Acceptance or Site Acceptance Test.
- Coordination of emergency response to any incident at their Sheffield manufacturing and research facilities.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified to HNC level in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and/or relevant industry experience
- Strong core engineering skills
- Demonstratable experience in reading and interpreting Electrical, P&ID, LFD and mechanical drawings.
- Analytical and enquiring mind and an ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely both verbally and in a written form.
- Good telephone manner, friendly and helpful with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to interact with management and client representatives at all levels
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- German or French speaking to at least CEFR B1 level
- Knowledge and understanding of installation and commissioning processes
- Experience of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of instrumentation and measuring methodologies for pressure, temperature, moisture, flowrate, gas conentration & electrical current, voltage and power.
- Knowledge of hydrogen related HSEQ safe working practice & procedures
- Knowledge and awareness of compressed gases.
- Understanding of Planned Preventative Maintenance methodology
This role may suit an engineer with experience of site work wishing to work more regular hours with no requirement to travel.
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months and 25 days holiday plus stats.