Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Business on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Reporting to: M&E Operations Manager/Dept Head
The Service Manager is responsible for the delivery of the contracted facilities maintenance programmes ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements and providing technical support and guidance to the team’s personnel.
To act as the client representative and determine and implement the exact needs of the client, based on knowledge of the client they are representing. The Service Manager will bridge the gap between the delivery team and client.
You must have a strong knowledge of the industry and be capable of understanding and discussing the problems with either party. The ability to adapt to the various internal procedures of the client, and to form close links with the nominated representatives, essential in ensuring that the key issues of cost, time, quality and above all, client satisfaction, can be realized.
The Service Manager is responsible for all personnel within the delivery of the contracts including direct and sub-contracted staff. They will be capable of running multiple contracts, liaising with customers both over the phone and via email, understanding and ensuring that the right products are ordered, quotes are created, and engineers / sub contractors are allocated work.
- Oversee all service programmes accurately recording service time, job costing and invoicing.
- Develop close relationships with clients providing exceptional customer service and answer any questions.
- Schedule Engineers ensuring that callouts are planned and organised by priority.
- Issue orders for works and ensure orders are completed within the required timescale in good quality.
- Provide up to date site information packs and health and safety documentation for all service arrangements.
- Ensure completion reports are signed off and issued including remedials.
- Proactively encourage continuous improvement.
- Develop CRM reporting tool.
- Oversee project team on all required tooling, plant, and machinery.
- Ownership of the on-call schedule.
- Control Permit to Work Systems.
- Liaise closely with major suppliers and build up a pool of preferred suppliers providing competitive rates.
- To demonstrate team leader skills within their own team.
- Work with local/central/third party engineers to ensure fully integrated delivery of service contract.
- To work to site health and safety requirements.
- To have relevant site experience.
- To be able to communicate at all levels.
- OOH and weekend work may be involved.
- Overnight and European Travel may be involved.
- Responsible for approving budget of day-to-day activities within their Projects.
- Provide approval on project delivery or provide escalation channel to Operations Manager for high level decisions.
- Ability to work using own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Completed recognised trade apprenticeship.
- Must have had two years’ experience working in the trade after the satisfactory completion of apprenticeship.
- Preferred qualified to HNC level in either electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Systems – SSSTS or SMSTS.
- Solid project management skills & experience of working within a manufacturing data centre or critical infrastructure environment.
- Computer Literate Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc
- AutoCad preferred but not essential.
- Extensive Field and Project based Knowledge and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed Drawings and Methodology.
- Demonstrate familiarity with regulatory compliance requirements.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Methodical and logical approach
- Able to plan personal and working time effectively
- Able to work unsupervised and manage their own time effectively
- Able to work as an individual or within the team
- Prioritisation skills