Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
This position will provide technical support to the client’s customers within a service desk environment mainly managed by remote access. A good technical knowledge is essential to provide an escalation point where required and ensure incidents and problems are dealt with quickly and efficiently. A desire to provide exceptional customer service at all times is a must, along with an understanding of the commercial goals of the business as a whole.
- Provide support for incidents relating to hardware, software, network connectivity and application services to a wide variety of external customers.
- Manage and own incident tickets via our Autotask ticket management system, providing customer updates to agreed timeframes.
- Resolve incidents to stringent customer defined SLAs.
- Drive service improvement within the service desk to improve first time fix resolution times.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and in a timely manner with all customers.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation within the centralised management database.
- Provide any on-site support to resolve customer service outages as required to meet SLAs.
- Continue to develop technical knowledge and skillset through formal training, informal training and hands on practical experience and mentoring other members of the team.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a 1st or 2nd Line role within a service desk environment.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server, Virtual environments (VMWare, Microsoft Azure), SQL Server, MS Windows, Networking LAN, WAN, VPN and Wireless, Active Directory, Antivirus.
- Microsoft 365 and related technologies
- Exchange Online
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD joined/hybrid)
- Conditional Access/MFA
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Firewalls (NAT/PAT/ACLs)
- PC hardware/software trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; professional telephone demeanour.
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail.
- MS-100 or AZ-104 certifications would be preferred but not essential.
- Patience and ability to work under pressure with good organisational skills
- The ability and desire to develop the role and make it your own, suggesting improvements for process where appropriate to enhance internal and external experiences.
- Committed to achieve the client’s vision.
You would be required to cover shifts between 8am-6pm to support the hours that the Service Desk is open. This might be 9-5:30pm (with a 1 hour unpaid lunch), or 8-4:30pm (again, with a one hour unpaid lunch).