Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join the process engineering team. The role will encompass the design, build and test of hydrogen generation, storage and dispensing systems. You will be required to support company safety, quality and regulatory approval functions. You will report directly to the Lead Process Engineers. The successful candidate will work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design of process plant and products that meet the company and customer specifications taking into consideration technical and economic feasibility, all within very tight time constraints.
- Creation and review of mass/energy balances, technical input into and the review of PFDs and P&IDs.
- Creation and review of equipment, valves and instruments lists including associated datasheets and specifications as required.
- Working closely with the Mechanical, EC&I, Procurement and Production teams.
- Review and approval of vendor documentation. Attending FAT at vendor premises as necessary.
- Creation and review of pressure and explosive atmospheres safety cases.
- Participating in design safety studies such as HAZOP and LOPA.
- Representing the process team at design reviews.
- Creation and review of operations/maintenance manuals and FAT procedures.
- Supporting less experienced team members.
- Leading a small team of Process Engineers on larger projects.
- Client liaison and site visits as appropriate (generally infrequent).
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Considerable previous experience working as a process engineer, actively looking for that next step in your career.
- Chemical Engineering degree and either Chartered status or actively seeking it.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the ATEX Directives and PED.
- Familiarity with process control via PLC systems.
- Familiarity with Safety Instrumented Systems and SIL calculations.
- Knowledge of the hydrogen industry.
- Experience of chairing HAZOP and/or LOPA studies
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats. pro rata