Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client based in Sheffield is looking for a Legal Counsel to join their small, friendly and hard-working in-house team during a period of significant transition whilst it is undertaking a period of rapid growth and transformation.
The role is a minimum of 30 hours over four days, or full time over 5, both part and full time will be considered, and availability as soon as possible is preferable.
This is a new exciting role as our client has recently entered into a joint venture agreement with a world leading organisation to deliver large-scale projects globally. This role will appeal to those who enjoy working in technology-based organisations, with international work. The role will require close working with the Head of Legal and Legal team members to deliver high quality legal services. The ideal candidate will have a breadth of commercial and corporate experience, be a motivated self-starter and enjoy working in a close-knit team. This is a role for those who value the opportunity of involvement in the commercial decision making of operations, working in a team and a desire to see a tangible output from their role. This role reports into the Head of Legal.
The Legal Department supports the international operations by (a) negotiating corporate and commercial agreements (b) leading on corporate governance matters and (c) managing disputes. The Legal Department also plays a key role managing IP and other assets. In addition, the Legal Department provides all aspects of general and commercial legal advice relating to the operations of our client.
The Legal Counsel will, in general terms, be expected to work closely with the other members of the Legal Department and members of the wider business to:
- Support the legal activities of the organisation on its projects.
- Collaborate with other departments to support the development and improvement of legal, corporate governance and contract management processes.
- Provide general legal advice on our client’s day to day functions and international operations.
- Support corporate governance activities.
- Negotiate key project contracts (together with related grants, security and other agreements) on behalf of our client.
- Negotiate key supplier contracts, provide flow-down terms for procurement of supplier contracts and support the procurement team.
- Provide legal support to corporate legal matters
- Support the development of key business processes in the transition.
- Support corporate governance and company secretarial matters, including supporting the management of regulatory obligations relating to the company’s AIMS listing.
- Support the development or improvement of the compliance policies and implementation.
- Provide general and commercial legal advice and support to the client in its day to day operations.
- Develop guidance and training materials and deliver training on legal matters to staff.
- Assist with the management of the IP portfolio.
- Monitor and advise on potential and relevant UK and EU legislative changes.
- Instruct and manage external legal advisors.
- Lead on one compliance area for the team, with support and support others.
- If required, support and manage disputes and potential litigation, with support from specialists in the team.
- If required, provide employment law advice to the HR manager and client managers.
- If required, support property law matters, with external specialists
Qualifications and Experience:
- A qualified solicitor or barrister with relevant post-qualification experience gained in either a highly regarded in-house or in a private practice environment.
- Experience of managing a wide scope of high value commercial legal matters and agreements essential.
- Evidence of operating within effective legal teams that deliver high standards.
- Evidence of working collaboratively and working to achieve solutions to challenging problems efficiently and expediently.
- Evidence of advising on management of legal risk in a business context.
- Experience of managing external advisors with regard to quality and cost.
- Up to date knowledge of commercial, contract and company law together with the ability to keep abreast of legislation and assess the impact of impending changes in law.
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and advisers, including specialist legal firms, client and supplier roles and shareholders.
- Solid in-house experience is desirable.
- Negotiating engineering and/or construction agreements.
- Corporate law and project finance matters.
- Managing legal advice in international jurisdictions.
- Negotiating collaborative agreements and grants.
- Managing disputes and contentious matters.
- Managing an IP portfolio.
- Supporting, managing and leading corporate governance and company secretarial work.
- General property matters.
- Change management.
- French and/or German language skills also an advantage.
- Highly skilled in negotiating and drafting commercial agreements
- Motivated and driven self-starter
- Capable of giving relevant and practical commercial advice.
- Influencing skills
- Collaborative contract negotiation
- Facilitation skills
- Commercial/legal acumen
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months
25 days holiday plus stats
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.