Andy File Associates Limited is working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards to this permanent vacancy.
Our client is a family run, long established business, manufacturing a range of bespoke and novel items of lifting equipment including chandelier winching systems. The company is looking to employ a Senior Installation Engineer. This person will be based at home and must be within reasonable commuting distance of central London as this is where most installations take place – although work will be nationwide and occasionally abroad.
Candidates should be experienced in both mechanical and electrical engineering and some formal training would be desirable. It is expected that candidates will come from a mechanical or electrical contracting background. The role will involve leading a small team of engineers and taking an active, hands-on role in the installation and service of chandelier lifting systems.
The role will involve:
- Leading installation work
- Setting out on site
- Service and statutory inspection of existing installations
- Attending site meetings
- Site surveying for new installations
- Developing risk assessments and method statements for installation work
- Liaising with the designer and client on the product design
- Problem solving on new and existing installations
- Take overall responsibility for quality and safety on-site
- Good working knowledge of basic engineering principles
- Must be comfortable working at height and in confined spaces
- A clean criminal record is essential as clearance for working in security-controlled areas will be needed
- A formal engineering qualification or apprenticeship
- A UK driving licence
- CSCS card desirable
- Willingness to learn new skills and expand existing knowledge
- Good verbal, computer and written communication skills
40hr week Monday – Friday and there will be out of hours and weekend working depending on the project and will paid as overtime.
24 holidays + 8 bank holidays
Equipment and tools provided along with PPE and mobile phone