Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is now looking for a Senior Electrical Hardware Engineer to work on a prestigious project based out of Sheffield. This will be a key role in supporting the expansion and development of our client’s Control System HW and Electrical Design capability, setting standards, supervising work, developing talent and representing the company at a senior level.
The role is to lead the design, development, and testing of major hardware components of mission critical innovative solutions
Role and Responsibilities
- Work as a technical lead with responsibility for resolution of hardware and electrical design challenges for assigned solution areas
- Design and configuration of cyber-secure infrastructure and communications solutions at a hardware level, including server panel and network solutions
- Develop a thorough understanding of operational procedures and ensure compliance with both internal and external standards
- Work with the manufacturing department to develop design solutions that support efficient and effective assembly processes
- Assembly supervision and electrical testing of solution hardware (including functional safety systems)
- For significant hardware/electrical installations, lead installation and commissioning of solutions on customer sites
- Provide support and mentoring for more junior engineers
- Provide knowledge leadership in specific areas of expertise – supporting, coaching and training others in that area
- Provide general technical support on hardware and electrical design to Business Development colleagues for bids and campaigns
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of supervising a small team of Hardware Engineers
- Extensive experience of Electrical and HW Design and delivery for Industrial Control Systems
- Extensive experience of supervising/liaising with Workshop for build of Control System Panels
- Extensive knowledge of core supply chain partners’ products – Panel HW, Electrical, Safety, PLC/HMI equipment
- Experience with Nuclear (SL/EDF) Electrical / HW Design Standards
- Accredited/Familiar with 18th Edition Wiring Regs (BS7671)
- Experience of Full Turnkey Projects / Full Lifecycle Projects (from concept to commission)
Skills and abilities
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Team working ability in a project environment
- Eligible for security clearance checks for access to client sites
- Excellent ability to capture information, analyse it, and articulate an appropriate solution.
- Able to operate “self-sufficiently” on customer’s premises, including production locations.
- Commercial awareness and diligence
- Comfortable interacting with customers at a senior level in a manner that instils confidence.
- Enthusiastic to understand developing technological capabilities and to identify how these can be applied.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and proactive with a desire for continuous improvement, flexible with the ability to be confident and calm under pressure
25 days hols + bank hols
Pension scheme contributory after 6 months
Life Assurance scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Cycle to work scheme