Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Electrical & Control Engineer to work within the Electrical, Control and Instrumentation team, the successful candidate will help to ensure the timely delivery of control and safety systems for mega-watt scale electrolysers. The senior engineer shall be capable of working either independently or as part of small team upon the electrical and control aspects of the projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creation of user requirements and functional design specifications in accordance with company standards.
- Technical review and approval of electrical and control project documentation.
- Act as a technical authority on control and electrical issues.
- Coordinate small teams of other engineer as part of an integrated project team.
- Development of control and safety concepts.
- Definition of PLC automation system and software coding.
- Fault finding and resolution in PLC and MCC electrical panels.
- Participate in plant safety studies and design reviews (HAZOP/LOPA).
- Creation of automation project documentation (cause & effect, alarm lists, ITPs)
Knowledge & Experience:
- You should have strong organisational skills, be self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
- A can do attitude and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Extensive experience working with industrial automation systems.
- Experience specifying and approving PLC and MCC electrical panel designs.
- Capability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Skills & Abilities:
- Siemens PLCs, specifically S7-300/400/1200/1500.
- Safety systems including safety relays and safety PLCs (and/or FS Eng. Qualification).
- Programming in TIA Portal, Step 7 or PCS 7 using one or more of the following programming languages ladder logic, CFC and SCL.
- Design, modify and code SCADA and HMI systems – Siemens WinCC flexible/Advanced.
- Experience with building and troubleshooting LAN and WAN networks
- WinCC Historian database and report designing.
- Specification and commissioning with kW-to-MW rectifiers and VSDs.
- Cable specification and design in accordance with BS 7671/IEC 60364.
- Experience with hazardous area installations – ATEX.
- Experience in the process sector.
- A full UK driving licence
- The successful candidate must be willing to occasionally travel within the UK and overseas.
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months and 25 days holiday plus stats.