Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Director with the development of the company quality system.
• Assist Director with the day to day management of the effectiveness of the quality system to AS9100 standard.
• Day to day management of Certification, Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Continuous Improvement departments maintaining quality standards as required.
• Performing supplier quality assurance audits for assigned suppliers.
• Liaison with outside agencies, primes, customers and other third party auditors in gaining and maintaining approvals
• Developing corrective actions to support supplier problems and failures, suggesting modifications and corrective actions by suppliers to meet customer specifications and standards.
• Assist Director in ensuring that products and services meet customer needs and expectations to fulfill company quality objectives.
• Create and sustain a culture that is based on continuous improvement within the Quality Department.
• Revise and update the quality management procedures.
• Take lead responsibility for significant quality issues. Be “hands on” with the issue, develop a plan to resolve the issue, communicate the plan and progress on the plan to the organization.
• Identify areas where product or service quality requires corrective action.
• Lead Auditor for internal audits – create and maintain internal audit system.
• Ensure that all departmental employees are fully aware of their responsibilities in line with the company quality and aware of customer requirements.
• Produce monthly management report and attend Management meeting and other meetings as required e.g. NCR meeting, Health and Safety meeting
• Deputise for Director when required.
Any other duties as may reasonably be required:
Preferred Qualifications / Skills:
Understanding of the national and international quality standards including ISO9001 and AS9100
Working knowledge of NADCAP Non-Destructive Material Testing, Heat Treatment and Metallic Material Manufacture
Working knowledge of quality procedures used in aerospace primes
Effective Root Cause Analysis skills
Excellent decision-making skills and organisational skills
Working knowledge of quality procedures
Working knowledge of Excel and Word
Understanding of material specifications
Understanding of forging or experience with working with forged products
Working knowledge of destructive material testing