Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is now looking for a Quality Engineer to work within their Quality team.
The successful candidate will:
• Manage all non-conformance including concern owners, containments and validation of corrective actions
• Manage supplier improvements and supplier rating system
• Conduct supplier systems audits where required
• Complete initial sample validation of supplier (ISIR and capability studies)
• Where non-conformances to specification requirements exist, liaise with the relevant technical authority to enable investigation by the appropriate department or personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain a log of all concerns, and ensure it is up to date with owners
• Validate corrective action / 8D reports
• Track and report on corrective action status – providing clear status on open/closed NC status & corrective action status
• Liaise with non-conformance owners – to coach and guide to conclusion
• Visit suppliers to understand issues, feedback to team where necessary to ensure that the suppliers voice is heard within the company
• Manage supplier rating system, resolving issues where necessary
• Validate supplier processes using SPC
• Modify business processes where they can be made better or more robust
• Purchase gauging if required (and complete R&R study)
• Write work instruction for specific tasks
• Investigate Quality problems and document in technical reports
• Present out results of investigations to internal and external stakeholders
• Raise Non-conformance reports (NCR) as required;
• Facilitate control items raised to NCR via segregation from good product;
• Participate in the regular Materials Review Boards (MRB).
Education & Training:
• Engineering qualification (HND or Degree) preferred
• Formal Quality Control or Quality Assurance training preferred
• Basic qualifications in maths, science and / or a relevant apprenticeship preferred
Knowledge & Experience:
• Knowledge of problem solving tools (8D, cause & effect, pareto, PPS, QOS/4panel etc)
• Ideally Green belt trained
• Experience of working with mechanical or electrical system
• Experience of working in a manufacturing / engineering environment;
• Experience of working to engineering drawings and technical specifications.
• Knowledge of 3D measurement
Skills & Abilities
• Attention to detail;
• Proficient in the use of metrology tools;
• Communication skills both written and verbal
• Computer literate with use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
• Ability to read and understand detailed engineering drawings.
• Analytical thinker
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats.