Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our busy client is now moving into an exciting phase of large-scale development and growth, they are looking for a talented Project Planner to support the successful delivery of projects; both commercial and internal.
The Project Planner will work closely with Project Managers, Resource Managers and the Program Analyst to scope projects, and create master plans and schedules. They will identify which activities are critical to successful delivery (the critical path), and which can move without risking project outcomes. The Project Planner will be responsible for tracking progress, working proactively with the project team to make updates to the schedule and provide feedback on project progress.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and maintain plans
• Interact with stakeholders to collect information on project progress
• Analyse and track dependencies between projects
• Identify and report deviations and trigger exception reports
• Define planning standards
• To manage with the Program Analyst the Project Online Portal
• To maintain the resource pool in Project Online
• To be the inhouse Project Online technical support (with external support from their provider)
• To work with resource managers to assign resources based on agreed project priorities
• To prepare resource reports
Education & Training requirements:
• Prince 2 – Foundation and Practitioner
• Significant experience and expertise with MS Project and Project Online is essential
The successful candidate will be driven, pragmatic and able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary.