Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Business on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Reports to: Operations Director
Job Purpose: Responsible for accomplishing the stated project objectives. Key project management responsibilities include creating clear and attainable project objectives, building the project requirements, and managing the constraints of the project, which are cost, time, scope, and quality.
Act as the client representative and determine and implement the exact needs of the client, based on knowledge of the client they are representing. A project manager is the bridging gap between the delivery teams and client. You must have a strong knowledge of the industry and be capable of understanding and discussing the problems with either party. The ability to adapt to the various internal procedures of the client, and to form close links with the nominated representatives, essential in ensuring that the key issues of cost, time, quality and above all, client satisfaction, can be realized.
Dimensions: The Project Manager has responsibility for all personnel within the delivery of the specific Projects, this includes Field Engineers and Coordinators. Each PM may be assigned multiple clients running a variety of projects.
- The Project Manager role involves working closely with other Project Managers, Coordinators and Field Engineers within the PMO Team.
- The Project Manager should fully understand the company Roadmap and all company goals and objectives, have the ability and responsibility for transparency in all aspects of their roles – including subordinates.
- Reporting processes must be recognised and respected.
- Lead and take ownership of all end-to-end NS projects.
- Governance of the structure, process, procedure and performance objectives of the client.
- Ensure that customer projects / programmes are planned, coordinated and communicated in a professional manner, keeping customers regularly informed of progress and ensuring that all customer expectations are managed and that customer commitments are consistently met.
- Prepare and deliver project plans (outlining the work activities, tasks, dependencies and time-frames).
- Lead the project team (as the overall primary point of contact and escalation point), coordinate all project delivery activities and ensure all milestones are met. Onsite regularity checks essential.
- Accountable for the execution of the programme budget and revenue plan in-line with plan.
- Adhere to programme delivery in a way that each project is accomplished to the complete satisfaction of the customer, on schedule, quality assured and on budget.
- Execute the project and chair both operational and strategic project reviews.
- Proactively provide the project customer with frequent programme progress reports, highlighting risks, actions issues, dependencies and changes.
- Carry out thorough customer facing ‘lessons learned sessions’ and distribute overview reports within the ‘delivery team’.
- Improvement – Assess performance, research and develop new capabilities that can be applied to the specific project.
- Encourage and implement cost saving reductions.
- Provide approval over day to day project activities and decisions on a customer level.
- Respond to new pricing requests for existing customer projects.
- Provide Programme Manager headline updates as required.
- Act as advisor to the tender team on all project elements as required and agreed for proposal submission, providing accurate records / documentation to include High Level Plan, PDD’s – Project Definition Documents.
- Perform on site visits on a regular basis and progress reviews with field engineers.
- Pick up on any overlaps within the PMO Team as required.
- Strong understanding of Telecommunications and Network Infrastructure.
- Time to be split between the Head Office, Home and Customer Site/Meeting.
- Some OOH and weekend work will be involved.
- Some Overnight and European Travel will be involved.
- Responsible for approving budget of day to day activities within their Projects.
- Provide approval on project delivery or provide escalation channel to Operations Manager for high level decisions.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Systems
- Knowledge of Quality Systems
- Knowledge of Industry Accreditation
- Extensive experience, training and knowledge in a wide range of Telecom equipment including Wireless, Optical, and Fixed Line.
- Computer Literate Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc
- Certified Project Manager Qualification. CTPM, Prince 2, MSP, ITIL.
- Extensive Field and Project based Knowledge and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed Drawings and Methodology.
Technical and Problem solving capability:
- Approaches problems with an open mind and ensures any issues are addressed in a speedy and cost effective manner whilst using initiative.
- Proactive thinker, always looking for the best outcome and how it can be achieved through Change Management.
- Actively seeks to improve existing process and procedures.
- Ability to understand customer requirements effectively.
- Strong man management, energy and High level of motivation, initiative.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Methodical and logical approach, committed to exceeding customer expectations.
- Self-starter – Able to plan personal and working time effectively.
- Ability to manage conflict
- Strong negotiation skills
- Prioritisation skills
£45,000 – £50,000 DOE