Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Operating in Primarily the nuclear decommissioning sector the company has undergone a real modernisation over the last 5 years which in turn has created an environment which encourages development and growth and creates a wider variety of work and responsibilities for staff members. They support with chartership applications and subscriptions and provide genuine opportunity for career growth.
The Project Manager will sit within the Projects team and work alongside design and manufacturing teams to ensure the safe delivery of all projects, products and related services with a focus on customer satisfaction, cost, time and quality.
- Work hand in hand with Project Controls team to ensure accurate programme information for all stakeholders
- Responsible for the management of contracts and clients within a varied portfolio of projects
- Possess excellent communications and relationships between the organisationits clients, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Mentor junior PE’s and assist in their own development journey
- Part in the overall Business Plan and help drive Nuclear Safety within the organisation
- Manage client requirements and expectations extending to managing the sub-contract suppliers to the projects in your portfolio
- Understand and control emerging risk
- Strong communicator, you’ll be providing detailed instruction to the projects team based upon your observations and the required actions to meet the contract performance targets, scope, budget and quality
- Health and Safety is paramount and you will have a sound understanding of Environmental issues and the importance of strong data security
Other areas of responsibility
- Management of project Quality Performance, NCR status and dissemination of LFE
- Management of project change control and project variance
- Management of the project program, risk and opportunities
- Implement corrective (and opportunistic) action plans
- Work closely with the Project Controls team to ensure accurate programme information is available for all stakeholders
- Maintain accurate and timely project status reports and an informed attendance at PSR meetings; prioritise meeting action closure and implementation
The responsibility to mentor and develop others through your experience and through the use of Learning From Experience Reports is important but, the role is designated as one that can grow and professional development will be encouraged and fostered wherever possible.
- Experienced managing projects in a Nuclear Environment
- Manufacturing experience is desirable
- Experience managing complex technical projects
- In depth knowledge and experience of Earned Value Management (EVM) tools & techniques
- It’s likely that you will have worked across a number of projects simultaneously
- Experience operating NEC3 contracts
- Knowledge of change control methodologies
- Likely to be from a Tier 3 or 4 background
Association for Project Management Professional accreditation or similar recognised qualification or relevant time served experience.