Andy File Associates Limited is working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
Our client is looking for a Project Manager to manage the implementation of projects principally but not exclusively in respect of the company’s warehouse management system products.
To have full understanding of their products and services and be able to apply these in an operational and business context. To manage the life cycle of the project and deliver the solutions according to the agreed timelines and overhead projections. These skills may also be utilised, where appropriate, during the Sales and Support phases.
The role can involve time spent carrying out pre-sales work including demonstrations, business analysis, production of required specifications and associated process test plans, system configuration and testing, compiling test plans, support and testing during the implementation phase, supporting roll-out, training (internal and external), training documentation and final on-site client support.
Travel throughout the UK is expected and on occasions can involve working unsocial hours.
To be responsible for the overall implementation, execution, control, completion and financial reporting of specific projects ensuring consistency with project management objectives, company strategy, commitments and goals. To conform to standards and process requirements within Project Delivery, the Support Department and the Company.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Management of commercial matters that arise within the life span of a project, including budget management and invoicing.
- Monitors project progress, making recommendations to the client’s Project Manager and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Co-ordinates technical, operational and software development personnel throughout the project life cycle, including post-Live.
- Manages, and where necessary performs, the client’s overview and full training together with the business analysis, identifying areas where there may be incompatibility between functionality and the client’s operation. Provides recommendations of operational improvements/changes where appropriate and ultimately produces the business requirement specification for agreement and sign off by the client.
- To support the customers transition from Project Management to Global Support Services.
- Supporting the sales team in any pre-sales work required for potential clients including demonstrations.
- Have the ability to carry out system configuration to a high level.
- Provide assistance in the mapping and production of test plans, supporting the testing process and carrying out testing during the implementation phase
- Hold internal and external client training sessions including the production of suitable training documentation
- Full involvement in on-site client support including go-live and post go-live support until handed over to Support Services.
- Liaise and assist the Product Testing team when required.
- Full understanding of the company’s products to demonstration and training standards.
- Strong client facing attributes at all organizational levels (executive and non-executive) demonstrated by positive customer feedback
Experience, knowledge & Qualifications requirements
- Considerable experience in a commercial or Software House environment in the supply chain arena.
- Proven ability in the necessary skills of project management, business analysis and implementation activities.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Project Office products and associated Microsoft business products.
- Excellent experience and appreciation of working with a WMS environment or similar from a systems perspective.
- Related experience with SQL scripting and the ability to learn and become proficient at an expert level with new software systems.
- Exposure to whole project-life cycle and experience of software testing is desirable
- Good Customer facing presentation skills both verbal and written.
- On-site Implementation experience
- Must be able to travel when required and at short notice
Technical ability – awareness of the capabilities and limitations of technical issues affecting the project delivery process. And an appreciation of the technical issues involved.
Innovation – ability to challenge status quo, consider alternative practices and approaches, offer creative and innovative solutions to existing business challenges and practices, promotes creativity and experimentation, evaluates new ideas and processes in context of commercial environment and challenges
Personal organisational ability – excellent time management, good planning, prioritising, and organizing skills, able to multi-task and is self-motivated
Customer focus – strong customer awareness, evaluates activity against identified customer needs and demonstrates commitment to the customer
Results orientation – activity focused on maximising achievement as a good Implementation Analyst
Problem-solver – identify potential issues, recommend solutions, escalate to appropriate level, seeks advice and guidance from within/external to organisation
Teamwork and ownership – takes personal responsibility for effective team working, plays an effective role in all cross-functional opportunities, can positively represent the company in all interactions with clients, suppliers and external industry contacts.
Commercial acumen – understands that we need to make money, aligns individual activities to overall business strategy
Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Team project managers
Customer Success Team (CST)
Appropriate business contacts
Development and product team
Support Services team
Benefits – BUPA/Life Assurance/Critical Illness and Pension – holidays 25 days per year accruing 1 extra each year for the first 5 years + 8 bank holidays