Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join the aftersales team based in Sheffield but with extensive travel to customer sites worldwide in line with business needs. Applicants must therefore have no restrictions on international travel.
The Project Engineer is responsible for all aspects of project delivery from the point of Factory Acceptance Testing onwards. Working closely with the assigned Project Manager you will engage externally with our client’s partners, customers, sub-contractors and suppliers and lead the site implementation phase of the project right through commissioning and Site Acceptance Testing to customer training and handover. Some projects will have relatively short implementation lifecycles, others will be much longer with detailed interaction needed along the way with the client and other contractors providing balance of plant, site civils and ancillary services.
As a Project Engineer you will be expected to be flexible and proactive. With the support of your Project Manager you will be in direct contact with the client and his/her representatives and therefore the face of the company. A highly professional manner and ability to lead by example is therefore required and additional language skills would also be highly desirable.
You will be expected to have good technical ability and an engineering background that is clearly demonstrable. You will stand out as senior to the engineers on site and be an excellent team player with good ethics and an ability to deal with conflict. An ability to take responsibility onsite is key to this role.
It is expected that this role will require a significant amount of understanding of the products in order to support the on-site works and internal training and support in this area will be given. This is a hands-on role and our client will offer the necessary training in their technology and any required skills to enable the role holder to take such an approach. This is especially important for the operation and final testing of the systems during the final phase of projects. It is expected that, with suitable experience and knowledge of their systems, the candidate will soon be able to lead client training and deal with project issues, feeding them back to the team and actively working to provide solutions that ensure the project is kept on track.
The role however is not just site based. There will often be periods of preparation where you will be responsible for planning of implementation activities, creation of RAMs documentation, progress chasing and tasking other departments in getting equipment ready for deployment. You will supervise preparations for PED and PSSR testing of deployed equipment, checking of calibration certificates and record keeping. You will therefore need to be a highly organised and self-motivated individual prepared to speak out in order to get your project the attention it requires for delivery.
You will be expected to be able to demonstrate a very good understanding of safe working practices and familiarity with H&S regulations and requirements whilst working at industrial sites. The job holder will be required to obtain a safety passport and undergo a number of courses as part of the training provided by our client..
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Degree qualified Engineer with strong core engineering skills.
- Considerable experience working as a Project Engineer or similar role
- Experience in the generation of method statements and risk assessments as well as familiarity with permit to work schemes
- Health and Safety conscious and confidence to influence and to enforce safe working practices.
- Experience working with PLC control systems, hydraulic, pneumatic, and high-pressure gas systems
- Good understanding of configuration, calibration and fault finding of process instrumentation.
- Fully able to read technical design documents and drawings including mechanical schematics, P&IDs, electrical wiring and single line diagrams and control logic flow diagrams.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility and versatility and a willingness to travel worldwide
- Excellent communication & people skills at all levels and a team player
- Full, clean, UK driving license
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Fluency in French or German to at least CEFR B1 level
- Experience and qualifications related to implementation of ATEX equipment
- Knowledge of compressed gases, pressure systems and Pressure Equipment Directives
- Knowledge of ATEX Directives and Explosive Atmospheres
- LV competent person (preferably with Authorised Person (AP) qualification.)
- Commissioning and modification of PLC control systems and code
- Experienced with Siemens S7 PLC systems and TIA Portal.
- Experience testing/commissioning PLC, DCS or safety system loops
- Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
- 25 days holiday plus stats.