Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Brief Job Description
Successful test, measurement and control engineering business are looking for an experienced programme manager to support new contracts. Due to strong sales performance, TBG Solutions is looking to increase its engineering team, which has been built around engineering bespoke test equipment for key industries. This new role is key to achieving its success in delivering high quality engineering solutions to some of the world’s most prestigious engineering businesses. This role will report directly to the engineering director and forms a key part of the engineering team.
The successful candidate will be tasked with taking engineering requirements from customers and organising and leading the team to design and manufacture bespoke solutions within time and cost constraints. This will involve regular contact with clients, TBGs multidisciplinary engineering and manufacturing team and sub-contractors. This important role will provide an opportunity to project manage a wide range of bespoke products which allows our customers to benefit from our high-quality engineered solutions that are consistently delivered on time, in full. Candidates must have a history of success in similar roles, be self-motivated and have a passion for engineering and delivering projects on time.
- A good honours degree in Business Administration or a good honours Engineering degree (or equivalent experience).
- Good IT skills, to include high competency in using Microsoft project, excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Some experience of leading projects in a commercial environment and interfacing with customers/stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven track record of managing projects to deadlines.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience of writing reports and delivering presentations.
- Excellent customer service skills, with experience of responding effectively to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Some experience of coaching and mentoring staff with the ability to convey instructions and understand concerns and problems within a team.
- Ability to creatively analyse and solve problems with an appreciation of longer-term implications.
- Ability to assess and organise resources, and plan and progress work activities to ensure on-time delivery of projects.
- Experience of project management methodologies, project life cycles, change control processes and configuration control of project documentation.
- Experience of project risk and opportunity management.
- Experience or understanding of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), estimating and costing techniques.
- Operate effectively with minimal supervision.
- Experience of adapting own skills to new circumstances.
- A good working knowledge in any of the following areas: electrical/electronic design, mechanical design, software development, PCB/Harness Assembly, rack build, machining.