Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client is one of the UK’s premier test engineering company who supply cutting-edge test and measurement solutions to some of the world’s leading high-tech manufacturers. They are a friendly bunch, empower your employees to make a difference. This role will report directly to the engineering director and forms a key part of our team.
The successful candidate will be tasked with accepting documentation packs and works orders, planning materials and allocating resources to build bespoke test systems within time and cost constraints. This will involve managing and working alongside the production team building sub assembly such as PCB’s Cable Harnesses, Control Panels, 19” Racking systems and more. This important role will provide an opportunity to improve and develop existing processes whilst working on a wide range of bespoke products enabling their customers to benefit from their high quality engineered solutions. Candidates must have a history of success in relevant production roles, be self-motivated and have a passion for engineering and delivering projects on time.
- Good IT skills, to include high competency in using Microsoft project, excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience of leading a team in a commercial environment, interfacing with management and design teams.
- Proven track record in a production environment
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience of works orders, test plans and inspection procedures
- Some experience of coaching and mentoring staff with the ability to convey instructions and understand concerns and problems within a team.
- Ability to work with design teams to raise and solve problems with an appreciation of longer-term implications.
- Ability to assess and organise resources, and plan and progress work activities to ensure on-time delivery of projects.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Operate effectively with minimal supervision.
- Experience of adapting own skills to new circumstances.
- A good working knowledge in any of the following areas: electrical/electronic build, mechanical build, PCB/Harness Assembly, rack build, machining.