Andy File Associates Limited are working as a recruitment agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
The Production Manager is responsible for day-to-day production within the print department. Supervises, motivates, and supports the staff daily, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication. The Production Manager plans, schedules, strategies, and oversees all production activities while continually building sales and maintaining profitability. The Production Manager performs essential functions to ensure overall customer satisfaction and quality service, and establishes and maintains effective communication with internal and external customers. The Production Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient planning and scheduling of personnel and equipment to reduce bottlenecks and problems.
As the Production Manager and the leader of the Production Team, you are accountable for meeting the department production and quality goals, as well as playing a key role in meeting the company wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals:
• Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
• Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
• Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that make possible attractive financial returns so that the company may continue to provide our excellent service to our customers and ensure job security and career growth for our staff.
• Maintain a positive department attitude and ensure that all employees under your supervision are aligned with the company goals.
• Desire and ability to successfully lead others.
You and your team will be responsible for supporting the company vision and mission. Because you will be in contact with internal and external customers, and you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
Responsibilities and Duties:
General and Administrative
• Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the company’s commitment to quality, continuous improvement, and respect for individuals.
• Supervise the Production Team to produce and prioritise jobs and, when necessary, reorganise to meet deadline changes and updates.
• Comply with all company Health and safety requirements.
• Communicate effectively with their Line Manager/Director, the Sales Team, and the Production Team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that production, sales, and customer objectives are met.
• Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company manuals. Ensure Company policies & procedures are followed.
• Meet all assigned goals and assist others in accomplishing their goals.
• Production planning
• Meet all customer commitments through the production of timely, efficient, and high quality products and service.
• Maintain Order lead time discipline.
• Take possession of jobs.
• Assures all work entered production follows the order standards and procedures.
• Approve exceptional or extraordinary jobs and specifications.
• Update and maintain production schedule.
• Assist with estimating.
• Assures the pricing accuracy of all quotations/orders.
• Organise workflow according to workload to meet delivery schedule and to complete assigned jobs.
• Maintain production control records and provide information to sales representatives, customers, and management about delivery dates, schedules, and operating problems.
• Develop, manage, and maintain an automated workflow system that interfaces order entry, prepress, and digital and print production
• Coordinate and maintain the order entry standards and procedures for the company.
• Schedule, plan, and conduct Morning Production/Team Meetings.
• Prepare, update, and communicate the production schedule.
• Oversee all staff scheduling, time off requests and overtime.
• Manage the coordination and control of all jobs/work orders.
• Monitor quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all orders to ensure customer commitments are met through production of high quality material that meets customer delivery expectations.
• Assures all staff has the resources, software applications and information to perform their function.
• Ensure the completion of all duties with a minimum of waste and abuse to equipment.
• Ensure employee safety training is conducted as required by Company Policy.
• Perform the functions of their Line Manager/Director in the Line Manager/Director’s absence.
• Initiate hiring when needed to cope with expanding workload or for replacement of substandard employees.
• Provide a positive, motivating example for employees.
• Conduct training and raise any training needs of production employees.
• Conduct formal performance reviews per company policy.
• Initiate disciplinary measures per company policy when needed and dismiss production employees when all corrective attempts have failed.
• Take all necessary actions to manage production costs and improve profitability.
• Ensure inventories are conducted and accurate records are maintained.
• Advise your Line Manager on capital improvements needed to increase company productivity.
• Evaluate production equipment purchases/leases and conduct cost/benefit analyses.
Equipment and Supplies
• Schedule, delegate, and ensure performance of all equipment maintenance following maintenance procedures. Maintain maintenance logs.
• Assure a backup of all work in progress and archived completed work is done in a timely manner
• Coordinate and manage all inventory supplies to ensure minimum waste and spoilage.
• Receive and purchase materials through the purchasing team and signed off by your Line Manager.
• Ensure that inventories are conducted per company policy and accurate records are maintained.
• Inform their Line Manager/Owner of equipment and production problems.
• Maintain a safe work environment and ensure the maintenance and upkeep of the physical location.
• Ensure preventative maintenance of all production equipment and company vehicles.