Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client based in Sheffield is looking for a Production Manager to join their team. The role of the Production Manager is to support and lead a team in daily activities relating to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People. The role is seen as a position of significant responsibility and so should lead by example in following company policies and procedures. The role is also expected to make decisions within their production department to meet the requirements of the business deliverables. The role also has a strong association with all things Continuous Improvement and as such should be actively involved in suggesting and making positive change across all elements of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People within their department.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure department meets or exceeds all expectations within aspects of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People set out in policies and procedures or objectives set
- Implement and drive 5s improvements within your department
- Create improvement plans for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Costs and People when required
- Monitor Delivery targets and locally plan works to ensure delivery dates are met
- Be active in ensuring production plans are met and relevant KPI’s and information required is updated to the required frequency
- Propose Cap-Ex investments to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Create and Drive a cost down approach using the Kaizen methodology
- Ensure staff are utilised and monitored for effectiveness to identify training and development needs.
- Take responsibility for all HR matters within the team with the support of HR
- Create, Set and Monitor objectives within your team.
- To control and monitor attendance and logging of production hours to the required frequency
- To coach, mentor and support your team by setting goals and objectives and conducting frequent reviews.
- Feedback progress on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Costs when required
- Conduct investigations on Safety, Quality, Delivery, Costs and People concerns when required.
- To Liaise with key stakeholders and identify any risks to production plans
- Create and update reports on elements of Safety, Quality, Delivery Cost and People
- To lead by example to your team and reflect best practice in everything you do.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- 5S in the workplace
- 1st Aid
- Fire Marshal/Warden
- Full understanding of the shop floor policies and procedures.
- Assembly experience at delivering to plan right first time.
- Ability to highlight potential failures before they occur.
- A good level of IT competence in Microsoft packages, Factory Master, Timesheet Portal etc.
- Excellent time management skills and a willingness to remain flexible
- Ability to communicate at all levels and ensure information is understood and embedded within your area.
- Conflict Management
Competitive salary and benefits to include:
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats.