Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client based in Sheffield is looking for a Production Electrician to join the team in Sheffield. The role is to install and terminate all cables into our client’s range of 20/30/40-foot electrolyser modules and to produce control cabinets from drawings and cable schedules. This will involve all aspects of wiring from intricate sensors to heavy armoured power cables feeding high power pumps or very high current DC power supply cables.
As well as traditional power cables, the multi megawatt power used by these plants require the use of solid copper bus bar systems thus requiring a good understanding of mechanical assembly, physical strength, cleanliness of mating surfaces, torqueing of fasters and electrical insulation. As the plants produce flammable gas at high pressure all wiring has to be to the latest ATEX standards, this also dictates the use of flameproof cable transits, safety earthing and ATEX cable glands. As these products are used in high value petro-chemical plants and have a high media presence all installations have to be to a consistently high standard.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Pull all cables into containers and fix to cable tray taking into account bend radii and separation of power and signal cables
- Constructing control cabinets including all drilling, mounting of components and testing
- Terminate all sensors, pumps and fans as per wiring schedule
- To be familiar with cable screening and grounding techniques for reducing E.M.I, signal noise, with safety considerations in mind
- All wiring and terminations performed to the latest Compex standards or any other agreed standards required
- To be physically capable of managing heavy cables within the confines of safe manual handling practices as well as being able to work in confined areas when required
- To terminate and make off all types of cable currently in use within the company from small signal transducers to Armoured multicore cable and large diameter screened test cables
- To assemble 3000A / 6000A copper bus bar systems
- Experience of multi parallel screened DC power cables including fitting appropriate glands, lugs and screen bonding clamps
- To test, inspect and record results/work for each cable/conductor installed and fault find when required in line with your competency
- Must be familiar with all cable termination methods such as bootlace ferrules, cable lugs etc.
- Installation of trace heating systems to pipework and fittings
- Installation of safety equipotential earth systems
- To have a good understanding of electrical, magnetic and E.M.I phenomena surrounding high power cables
- Attend training courses as required for the role
- Train other people to conduct duties you are competent in when required
- Adhere to all company Policies and Procedures
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Apprenticeship within an electrical discipline
- Electrical C&G
- 18th edition
- Compex electrical installation and maintenance in potentially explosive atmospheres
- Experience of working in a demanding manufacturing department
- Ability to use own initiative and plan ahead
- Must be able to work methodically through all stages of installing cables into container, fixing, terminating, testing and recording results.
- High levels of communication due to the complexity of the plants
- Good timekeeping
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to strict deadlines
The role holder must be able to work to a very high standard as the units to be wired are to be used in high value petro-chemical plants and are seen as high profile with regards to the public and investors, as these systems are new technology there is much media interest.
Competitive salary and benefits to include:
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats.