Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Purpose of Role
The Process Engineer role will be responsible for the following areas; Oversee the design and implementation of our production processes. As a Process Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing process strategies, managing process resources, optimizing current processes, and maintaining process documents. Ultimately, your job is to maintain the efficiency of production in order to reduce costs.
To ensure success as a Process Engineer you should have experience in process design, excellent technical skills, and high-level analytical skills. A top-class Process Engineer can analyse a process system and implement simple yet effective changes to boost production.
The role will involve working closely with the senior management.
Below is a list of responsibilities that would be fulfilled after training is completed.
• Develop a full understanding of all manufacturing procedures and manufacturing equipment
• Ensure all process and equipment meet H&S and environmental requirements of the business, ensuing all systems are kept up to date
• Identifies areas to develop the manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment
• Work with operations manager to implement continuous improvement strategies, management of change and lean production methodologies
• Manage all maintenance requirements within the business including management of all spares.
• Improve variability in the manufacturing process, while identifying areas to reduce costs and other inefficiencies
• Assists in the development and implementation of a digital manufacturing platform.
• Work with suppliers to design, manufacture and install equipment to meet manufacturing requirements
• Work with senior management on key projects such as moving site and critical up-scaling of manufacturing processes
• Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services, following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in an engineering role
- A degree level qualification or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Background in developing and implementing production quality systems
- The ability to communicate clearly with staff at all levels
- Excellent IT with knowledge of key windows programmes
- Good presentation skills
- Maths and IT skills
Necessary Personal Attributes
• Drive and passion to grow and develop a new business start up
• The ability to communicate clearly with staff at all levels
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• The ability to work to deadlines
• A willingness to work flexibly
• During the course of his/her duties the post holder will have access to, or witness confidential information. This must not be divulged to an unauthorised person at any time.
Health & Safety
• In accordance with the Health & Safety Policy Statement, ensure that safe systems of work are used within own area of responsibility; investigate accidents and incidents; arrange for risk assessments to be conducted annually and to ensure staff attend appropriate health and safety training
• To ensure that health and safety standards are maintained and improved in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act etc 1974 and the Health & Safety Policy Statement.
• Manage H&S of contractor brought on site via RAMS and permits to work
Reporting to:Senior Management
Salary : £30,000 – £35,000 DOE