Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards to this permanent position
Our client is looking to appoint a Principle Environmental Consultant to join their Advisory Team. You will be proactive and ambitious with a proven track record of interpreting businesses’ environmental responsibilities, developing proposals and articulating to stakeholders for effective conversion and delivery.
You will have a proven aptitude for developing new client relationships and converting opportunities providing guidance and support in order for them to maintain compliance with legislation and enhance their environmental performance.
Reporting to the Consultancy Manager, the successful candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic and conscientious with a high attention to detail. You will have an appetite for continuous learning about sectors, clients and new legislation and their application. The successful applicant will provide environmental guidance and support to businesses in order for them to maintain compliance with legislation and enhance their environmental performance. This will include carrying out audits, applying for permits and licences, advising on legislation, producing environmental procedures and documentation and often acting as the client’s Environmental Manager.
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing and nurturing their own client accounts and overseeing delivery. This is a customer facing role so you must be able to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Provide environmental guidance and support to customers in order for them to maintain compliance and enhance their environmental performance
- Ensure that services are delivered in line with the company’s ISO9001 standard
- Manage Consultants in the fulfilment of their roles
- Build and maintain client relationships and manage client expectations
- Identify decision makers and interpret customer requirements to generate business in Advisory and other areas of the company
- Agreeing revenue, gross profit and staff utilisation targets against the business plan with the Consultancy Manager
- Support the Consultancy Manager in sales and key account management to generate sales leads and appointments
- Actively seeking new business development opportunities to allow growth within the Advisory team in line with revenue, GP and staff utilisation targets
- Grow and manage a team of consultants
- Fulfil specific duties requested by the company based on professional competencies
- Business development experience and accountability of delivering work in line with business plan targets
- Implementing, maintaining and/or auditing Environmental Management Systems to ISO14001 standards
- Environmental Permitting including preparing and submitting applications to the regulatory bodies
- Planning applications, preparing environmental statements for Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA)
- Consultation and engagement with regulatory bodies (i.e. Local Authorities, Environment Agency)
- Carrying out environmental audits including legal compliance
- Understanding UK and European environmental legislation and how this translates to clients
- Working knowledge of the construction, food and drink and manufacturing sectors
- Working with clients to identify cost effective ways to minimise waste and adopt sustainable solutions
- Problem solving and successfully managing projects to a conclusion within defined deadlines
- BREEAM, Construction Environmental Management Plans and CL:AIRE Materials Management Plans
- Delivery of accredited and non-accredited environmental training courses
Skill Set Requirement
This role requires a wide range of skills including:
Aptitude for new business development and effective consultative sales techniques to proactively generate new business opportunities
Effective line management skills including the desire and ability to develop, nurture and delegate to direct reports
Proven track record of understanding and interpreting client’s environmental needs and responsibilities
Developing and articulating high quality proposals to stakeholders and budget holders for effective conversion
Proven ability identifying decision makers who could benefit from solutions and services
High quality management reporting
Good organisational and time management skills with demonstrable experience of managing several projects at any one time
Excellent communication skills for effective cross-company liaison
Effective use of customer relationship management systems
The ideal candidate will be:
A self-starter with a proven track record of developing and nurturing client accounts and overseeing delivery
A relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree in environmental science, management or equivalent
Chartered Membership with IEMA or equivalent
Continuous Professional development including:
Environmental Management Implementation course or equivalent
Advanced EMS Auditor Training course or equivalent
Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) / (EAT) / or equivalent
Train the Trainer
Full, clean UK driving licence.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, typically 9:00-17:30 although flexible working/1-2 days working from home can be offered. Frequent requirements to work out of hours depending on client location.