Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Business on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
An exciting opportunity to join a passionate, purpose-led business that is committed to generating massive growth in order to be able to give more to its people, the planet and community. We are pursuing employee ownership, genuine carbon neutrality and have demonstrated our commitment to environmental and charitable causes by joining the 1% for the planet movement. We want passionate people, who want to play an intrinsic role in achieving success that feels important!
Want to know you’re making a real difference in your next role?
This is our first Merchandising role will play an integral part in ensuring we have the right products in stock at the right time to meet our customer’s needs. You will be involved in every aspect of a product lifecycle from the moment it is ranged to the customer making a purchase. This includes, forecasting sales, stock ordering and product placement to name just a few.
No 2 days will be the same, one day you could find yourself at the supplier and another deep into product analysis ensuring we have the best products available for our customers.
Your main purposes are to ensure we as a business stock the right items, in the right quantities at the right time to drive sales and profit. As you touch every area of the business it is imperative that you keep everyone informed about what is happening with our products. To give every area of the business the best opportunity to succeed you need to ensure product availability is at the absolute maximum.
The Merchandiser will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of forecasts and demand plans along with revisions through analysis of historical data and understanding of future trends and activities
- Set and monitor performance against agreed KPIs relating to sales, margin, markdown, obsolete stock and physical stock holding
- Building and Maintaining Supplier relationships alongside other team members
- Working with the Managing Director and Head of Sales to develop commercial, balanced ranges within agreed framework
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure supply and availability are seamless.
- Maximise opportunities and minimise risks by monitoring performance verses plan and proposing remedial action where necessary
- Maintain effective control of Open to buy, intake, and phasing
- Maintaining accurate master data, and preparation of weekly reporting
- Assisting in the development of department processes and procedures
- Vendor management & OTIF reporting
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- High level of numerical and analytical ability
- Previous experience within Merchandising
- WSSI management
- Commercial awareness
- Experienced Excel Skills
- Report building
- Strong written and verbal communication