Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this Permanent vacancy.
Brief Job Description
Our client is one of the UK’s premier test engineering company who supply cutting-edge test and measurement solutions to some of the world’s leading high-tech manufacturers. As this position is a new role at this location it’s yours to make your mark and run with everything from setting up best practice to creating reusable modular designs. This role will report directly to the Engineering Leader and forms a key part of the Engineering Team.
The successful candidate will be tasked with taking engineering requirements from customers and designing bespoke mechanical solutions that are able to be manufactured within time and cost constraints. The role will involve the creation of 3D models and drawing packs to allow the manufacturing team to bring to life your designs. This important role will provide an opportunity to produce and work on a wide range of bespoke products and test equipment. The role will also involve visits alongside our service and support team to customer sites to perform in-field test and repair activities. Candidates must have a history of success in similar roles, be self-motivated and have a passion for engineering and self-improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop 3D/2D Drawings and documentation packs from high level requirements
• Creation and management of BOMs
• Creation of work instructions
• Technical support to production team and suppliers
• Component specification
• Version control and part numbering
• Design risk assessments and conformance
• Good knowledge of SolidWorks software packages
• Experience in working within an Industrial/Engineering environment is essential
• To have an awareness / understanding of manufacturing processes
• The ability to work on own initiative when required and contribute as a team player
• A basic level of PC skills mainly Excel and Outlook
• Experience in a similar role.
• Ability to interpret customer requirements
• Good communication skills.
• Able to work as part of a multi skilled team.
• Sociable style with good drive and dedication.
Non Essential (Desirable) Criteria
• Test and automation background.
• Previous experience of the aerospace and defence industry.
• Proven track record of bespoke test equipment.
• Experience of CE assessment
Daniel Owen's Job Enquiry Form
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.