Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Based in Bridgend, Mid Glamorgan a Legal Assistant is required by our clients, the UK’s largest residential conveyancing business who are renowned for delivering great customer service and turnaround times. Some knowledge or experience in transactional residential conveyancing is essential for this role, whether that is running your own caseload or assisting/supporting with running a caseload. The ideal candidate will be professional, driven, a strong communicator and be able to picks things up with ease, someone with a business mind in terms of understanding what service needs to be delivered to the clients. The ability to work as part of a large team and as a pair alongside and supporting a qualified lawyer is essential.
Under the supervision of, and working in partnership with your allocated Property Lawyer, you will be assisting in the management of their caseload of mixed sale and purchase residential property transactions.
To work with your aligned lawyer to maximise exchanges within your Legal Team.
To proactively progress transactions managing inbound and outbound telephone calls and building enhanced relationships with your clients in order to deliver a service of excellence whilst maximising profitability of the company.
To thoroughly understand the conveyancing process and be able to (but not limited to):
– Along with your aligned lawyer, be the main point of contact for all communication
from clients and other lawyers directly related to the transaction, verbally and through email
– Pro-actively progress transactions by identifying what/who needs to be chased and undertaking this chasing i.e documentation, funds etc.
– Pro-actively keep your clients updated
– Chase exchanges and arrange and negotiate completion dates
– With supervision, draft letters to clients/ other parties to the transaction and deal with basic sale enquiries
– Resolve file escalations to move the transaction forward (with lawyer guidance if
– Assist your lawyer dealing with name discrepancies of clients i.e chase client identification
– Pro-actively keep all parties updated where required
– Accessing third party websites to obtain information as directed by your lawyer i.e FENSA, planning portals, etc.
– Understand and operate the company’s procedures and policies to monitor workflow, avoid fraud and/or negligence and continually improve performance standards.
– Understand, operate and maximise the potential of the company’s conveyancing case management system throughout a conveyancing transaction.
– Work on own initiative to identify tasks which improve the customer service relationship with clients and estate agents to optimise exchanges.
– Support your aligned lawyer in chasing exchanges, by calling third parties involved in the transaction, as directed.
Successful applicants will have a background in, and some experience of, transactional conveyancing.
Successful candidates will undergo the following checks:
CCJ and Basic DBS