Andy File Associates Limited is working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
As a result of our client’s continued growth, they wish to expand their IT support team. They are looking for a candidate who has experience working as an IT Administrator or equivalent role. The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of network equipment and protocols, server hardware and software including installation, configuration & troubleshooting.
Duties of the IT Administrator will include:
• Managing firewall configuration;
• Administering Windows domain;
• Administering Hosted Environment
• Diagnosing and solving hardware, software and network connectivity faults;
• Installing and configuring laptops, printers, security routers and network equipment.
• Configuring application web sites for production and test environments
• Procuring services and raising support tickets for customers.
Essential Skills of the IT Administrator:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent problem-solving, organisational and analytical skills;
• Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively as part of a team;
• Adaptable learner, ability to work under pressure;
• Strong understanding of IT security principles and best practices
• General 1st line support. This may include, general user administration, desktop rebuilds/maintenance;
• Strong understanding of networking principles in a Microsoft environment, e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, VPN’s & LAN/WAN’s;
• Proficiently operate and troubleshoot Windows 10 desktop and Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server operating systems including proficiency in wireless networking;
• Experience of Linux beneficial
• Microsoft Exchange 2019 Administration, Housekeeping and troubleshooting would be beneficial.
• Experience of administrating Microsoft O365
• A good understanding of virtualisation technologies and administration
• A good understanding of using PowerShell
• Repairing hardware & raising application faults with service providers
• Software installations & application troubleshooting
• Ability to troubleshoot problems on a variety of devices under their own initiative
• Having an understanding of VMware / SharePoint / Team Foundation / Office 365 would also be beneficial, although this is not essential.
The role will include occasional travel to their customer’s sites, as well as out of hours support work
This is an excellent opportunity, offering any candidate the opportunity to work in a highly technical environment, using the latest technologies where you can bounce ideas off the other technicians in the team.
Hours of Work: 09.00 -17.30 Monday – Friday
25 days annual leave increasing annually by 1 day following one year’s full service to a maximum of 30 days plus UK Bank Holiday’s,
5% Company Contribution to our Pension Scheme,
Critical Illness and Life Assurance cover