Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our clients with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking to recruit a Skilled Hard/Soft Landscaping Playground Installation Manager to join their growing team. The role involves the installation and management of soft/hard landscape projects including groundworks and installation of play equipment. The ideal candidate will be expected to prepare sites and install projects to a high standard, meeting the requirements outlined by the Site Manager. The role comprises of the following functions:
- Hard Landscape Works – ground works, retaining structures, woodwork, timber edgings, paving, artificial surfacing, water features, stone features, installation of play equipment etc.
- Soft Landscape Works – involving the cultivation and preparation of ground for turfing, seeding or planting; planting of trees, shrubs and ground cover plants; undertaking turfing and seeding works etc.
- Ensuring that sites are maintained in a safe and secure condition at all times and that works are undertaken fully in compliance with current health and safety legislation.
- Promoting at all times the company’s professional image on site.
- Managing a small team
- Pricing for projects and input into design
Due to the nature of the business, this role is physically demanding and will require the successful candidate to work outdoors, in all weather conditions, and to be available to work nationwide when required (some projects will involve staying away Monday-Friday due to the location).
A DBS check will also need to be undertaken for this role as you will be working in schools.
- Experience in Soft/Hard Landscaping
- Experience in a supervisor or management role
- Hardworking and flexible
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience of pricing for hard & soft landscaping projects
- Good communication & customer facing skills
- Willing to travel
- Hold a valid CSCS card
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Playground installation experience
- Worked within school grounds
- Digger & dumper tickets
- SMSTS certificate
In return we will offer:
- Competitive Salary with generous bonus potential
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- An opportunity to learn about natural playground design from one of the countries leading companies in this field