Andy File Associates Limited is working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
Our client is looking for an Implementation Analyst to join their Project Delivery Team and take responsibility for supporting the project manager in the full project lifecycle of our client’s WMS and other systems.
The role will involve time spent carrying out pre-sales work including demonstrations, business analysis, production of required specifications and associated process test plans, system configuration and testing, compiling test plans, support and testing during the implementation phase, supporting roll-out , training (internal and external), training documentation and final on-site client support.
Travel throughout the UK is expected and on occasions can involve working unsocial hours and you will need to hold a full clean UK driving license.
To be responsible to the assigned Project Manager for the overall implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with project management objectives, company strategy, commitments and goals. To conform to standards and process requirements within Project Delivery, the Support Department and the Company.
Responsibilities & Duties
- To support the Project Manager in delivering client projects from pre-sales to post go-live support.
- To support the customers transition from Project Management to Global Support Services.
- Supporting the sales team in any pre-sales work required for potential clients including demonstrations
- Conversant with the techniques of business analysis to a good standard including production of any required specifications
- Have the ability to carry out system configuration to a high level
- Provide assistance in the mapping and production of test plans, supporting the testing process and carrying out testing during the implementation phase
- Hold internal and external client training sessions including the production of suitable training documentation
- Full involvement in on-site client support including go-live and post go-live support until handed over to Support Services.
- Liaise and assist the Product Testing team when required.
- Full understanding of the company’s products to demonstration and training standards.
- Strong client facing attributes at all organizational levels (executive and non-executive) demonstrated by positive customer feedback
Experience & Knowledge
- Previous experience in a commercial or Software House environment in the supply chain arena.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Project Office products and associated Microsoft business products.
- Excellent appreciation of working with a WMS environment or similar from a systems perspective.
- Related experience with SQL scripting.
- Experience and understanding of webAPI or external system integration methodologies would be advantageous.
- Ability to learn and become proficient at an expert level with new software systems.
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently, possesses a flexible attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Exposure to whole project-life cycle
- Experience of software testing desirable
- Good Customer facing presentation skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrable documentation skills
- On-site Implementation experience
- Capable of deputising for the Project Manager
- Demonstrable Team player
- Able to liaise at all levels
- Must be able to travel when required and at short notice
Technical ability – awareness of the capabilities and limitations of technical issues affecting the project delivery process as well as an appreciation of the technical issues involved.
Innovation – ability to challenge status quo, consider alternative practices and approaches, offer creative and innovative solutions to existing business challenges and practices, promotes creativity and experimentation, evaluates new ideas and processes in context of commercial environment and challenges
Personal organisational ability – excellent time management, good planning, prioritising, and organizing skills, able to multi-task and is self-motivated
Customer focus – strong customer awareness, evaluates activity against identified customer needs and demonstrates commitment to the customer
Results orientation – activity focused on maximising achievement as a good Implementation Analyst
Problem-solver – identify potential issues, recommend solutions, escalate to appropriate level, seeks advice and guidance from within/external to organisation
Teamwork and ownership – takes personal responsibility for effective team working, plays an effective role in all cross-functional opportunities, positively represents our client in all interactions with clients, suppliers and external industry contacts.
Commercial acumen – Aligns individual activities to overall business strategy
Benefits – BUPA/Life Assurance/Critical Illness and Pension – holidays 25 days per year accruing 1 extra each year for the first 5 years + 8 bank holidays
NB: Initially this position will be office based with the possibility of a hybrid pattern in the future