Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking to recruit a HSE Administrator to join their busy HSE team. The HSE Administrator will assist the HSE department in all administrative duties, problem solving and supporting management on all HSE related processes.
**This role is between 20 hours and 37.5 hours dependant on candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the Near Miss inbox using initiative to take actions where appropriate, flagging issues, co-ordinating tasks and responses, monitoring and ‘following up’ all actions to ensure completion.
- Extracting information and data to create and produce statistics and documentation in line with HSE KPIs
- Viewing near miss/accident reports and supporting colleagues as necessary with queries, reviewing responses, escalation and sending reminders in a timely manner.
- Working collaboratively with document control to maintain HSE documentation and data to ensure they are reviewed and updated in line with procedures.
- Assist in the provision of training, including course arrangement, venue selection and preparation.
- Point of contact for the completion and professional response to HSE Questionnaires as required.
- Attend, take and produce minutes and actions from the HSE committee and HSE team meetings.
- Distribute and collate responses on HSE communications and bulletins.
- Collate records from various sources/departments (DSE, workplace inspections, Audits, risk assessments) and store appropriately.
- Raising purchase orders where necessary on HSE related items and services.
- Updating and populating the fire boards when necessary.
- The role holder’s duties may not be limited to the above duties as the above holder may be required to perform additional duties in line with business needs/competency.
Skills and experience:
- Administration experience is essential
- HSE administration is desiarable
- Excellent communication skills at all levels – both verbal and written.
- Liaising with internal and external colleagues and suppliers in a relaxed, confident and professional manner – even when under pressure.
- Proficient user of Microsoft excel, word, outlook and general IT systems.
- High attention to detail and being analytically minded
- Working in an office environment where you may receive multiple requests for assistance from different people and not losing track of what is required, by whom and when.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Benefits include – 25 days hols + stats and pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months