Andy File Associates Limited is working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
Our client is an established law firm who are now looking for a Head of Employment Law to join their busy team based in Chesterfield.
The Head of Employment is a key role within the firm and the management team.
The role-holder will play a leading part in the provision and continued growth and development of the employment services to both claimants and respondents in accordance with operational objectives and commercial requirements.
This role reports into the Managing Director and you will be responsible for 5 direct reports: 3 Paralegals, a Legal Support Assistant and a Customer Service Apprentice
- To lead and develop the employment team and those within it to a high standard in accordance with company objectives and commercial requirements
- To oversee and manage the department on a daily basis – both remotely and face to face
- To manage a diverse caseload of both contentious and non-contentious cases in accordance with company protocols and procedures.
- To work closely with HR in the provision of external HR/Employment support services and in the development of the client base.
- To work as part of the Management Team to deliver strategic and operational plans
- To fearlessly advocate and represent all clients’ best interests.
- To contribute to the scope and provision of employment services through marketing, networking and other activities, as appropriate.
- To provide expert legal advice and instil best practice both externally and internally.
- To contribute to the review, creation and implementation of working practices and processes.
- To achieve and contribute to business objectives and accreditations.
- To utilise all available resources to ensure optimum results at all times.
- To meet organisational and team performance targets as agreed within the financial year
- To provide all aspects of leadership and management of the employment team from both operational and strategic perspective
- To pro-actively manage a caseload ensuring excellent file management and client care at all times.
- To provide professional and expert legal advice to the level that is the appropriate value, standard and complexity of the caseload.
- To personally represent clients and undertake advocacy as required.
- To secure best damages and deliver excellent results for all clients according to their instructions.
- To plan growth in alignment with the company projects, business objectives and initiatives.
- To mentor, assist, develop and support the employment team and other employees as required.
- To prepare and deliver internal and external training as appropriate.
- To maintain a current working knowledge of Employment Law, industry, market and legislative changes.
- To undertake tasks proficiently in line with defined authority levels.
- To litigate pro-actively as appropriate and oversee that of the rest of the team.
- To undertake ad-hoc company- wide projects as required.
- To comply with all company policies and procedures.
- To undertake any necessary training and any ongoing CPD to perform the role effectively and to maintain and develop technical and legal knowledge.
Qualified Solicitor with considerable PQE
Experience and Knowledge
- Previous experience of leading and managing a team
- Extensive experience handling a broad range of employment issues including contentious and non-contentious cases
- Experience of Business Development including identifying and executing marketing initiatives
- Strong Advocacy Skills
- Knowledge and experience from Claimant and Respondent perspective.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Case Management Systems
Skills and Aptitude
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to delegate work and supervise daily activities
- Technical proficiency commensurate with role
- Excellent case management communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and client care are consistently achieved
- Leadership aptitude
- Astute commercial awareness
- Proficient keyboard skills
- A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail and a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Good letter writing and drafting skills
- A pro-active, professional and flexible approach
28 days holidays plus bank holidays
Parking on site