Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
No weekend work, No Shifts!
We are looking for a Forklift Truck driver to join our small family business.
The post is a full time and a permanent position based just outside Royston, Barnsley.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £10.50 per Hour
Hours: 42.5 Hours per week Mon-Fri Shift variations between 7/7:30AM- 5/5:30PM.
Initial training will consist of yard work to gain product knowledge.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· You will operate a Forklift Truck in a safe manner as directed.
· You will report to Production Supervisor/ Team Leader.
· Record all movements from and to production unit.
· Quality check all goods before storage and report any issues to the Team Leader/Production Supervisor.
· Transportation of raw materials from and to the storage area.
· You will ensure stock is stored in a safe manner and as directed complying with H&S policy.
· You will submit daily vehicle defect and inspection sheets.
· Supplying a production team with raw materials and removal of finished goods to Yard Team.
· Ensure all team have a constant supply of work.
· You may be required to carry out various yard work as and when required.
· You will carry out such reasonable ad hoc duties as and when required.
· Sound experience of handling stacks of pallets or other unstable loads over uneven surfaces.
· Confident in loading and offloading of trailers in a timely manner.
· Working alongside a small team of operatives.
· Comfortable working in a bustling, ever changing environment.
· Excellent organisational skills of self and working environment.
· Health and Safety conscious
· Support other FLT drivers and management teams in order to get jobs out
· Willing to go the extra mile – A strong work ethic is a must.
Qualifications and Skills
· Valid Counterbalance Forklift Truck Driving License
· Forklift Truck Driving: A minimum of 2 years’ experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of pallets is preferable.
· Knowledge of completing paperwork.
· Attention to detail.
· Working in a safe environment.
Annual leave:22 working days, 2 of which are fixed by the company plus 8 statutory holidays in each holiday year