Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for another experienced Field Service Engineer to support the company’s work of installing, commissioning, and maintaining their growing network of gas generation systems and refuelling stations worldwide. Reporting to senior members of the commissioning team, this challenging role will require a well-rounded engineer with primary electrical experience of LV installations, knowledge of process instrumentation installation and calibration, good mechanical understanding and experience with Siemens PLC control systems in industrial applications.
The job holder will be responsible for the commissioning of systems and the safe execution of preventive maintenance tasks as well as providing a rapid response to any system malfunctions in order to minimise system down time. The ideal candidate must be able to read and interpret technical documentation such as P&IDs, electrical single line diagrams, PLC logic flow diagrams and process equipment datasheets in order to support fault diagnosis.
They are looking for someone with experience in the operation and servicing of electrically and pneumatically controlled industrial equipment for the process industries and ideally with some work experience in the compressed gases sector.
You will be expected to be able to demonstrate a very good understanding of safe working practices and familiarity with H&S regulations and requirements whilst working at industrial sites. You will be required to obtain a safety passport and undergo a number of courses as part of the training provided by the client.
A flexible working pattern to meet the needs of the business will be required, based in Sheffield UK this is also a largely field based role where you will need to be able to travel for up to 3 weeks at a time across the EU and as far as Australia. Applicants must therefore have no restrictions on international travel.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience working with PLC control systems, hydraulic, pneumatic, and high-pressure gas systems
- Configuration, calibration and fault finding of process instrumentation.
- LV panel or field wiring fault finding from schematics, LV panel test and inspection
- Reactive and PPM on electrical systems
- Previous experience as a field service engineer or similar role
- Mechanical / Electrical HNC/HND or higher qualification
- Experience of performing preventive maintenance and equipment diagnosis and repairs in the process industries
- Health and Safety conscious
- Experience in the use of risk assessments and method statements to support safe working
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility and Versatility and a willingness to travel for periods of up to 3-4 weeks at a time.
- Excellent communication skills at all level
- Full, clean, UK driving license, passport holder
Desirable experience and qualifications:
- Apprentice trained
- Fluency in French or German
- Experience and qualifications related to the maintenance and repair of ATEX equipment
- HV AP qualification (or be willing to undertake training)
- LV competent person (preferably with Authorised Person (AP) qualification.)
- Commissioning and modification of PLC control systems and code
- Experienced with Siemens S& PLC systems and TIA Portal.
- Experience testing/commissioning PLC, DCS or safety system loops
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats.